Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Tool fix or workaround

adeveloper79
Star II
Model Name: ZS621KL/20KL
Firmware Version: Q
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): UnlockTool
So most of the 5Z users are now trying to unlock their bootloaders , and it doesnt work thru the official provided app
and some guys have no imei issues while flashing back stock firmwares.
to fix it we need root to enable the diag mode (to flash the qcn) and the app wont work without imei too ig

Mods if you are seeing this please help users by providing alternative or some other way that someone can unlock without such hassle or maybe provide any fastboot commands as this device has already reached its official support or will be in 2,3mnths so it shouldnt be affecting you guys any harm by providing a unofficial method too ¯\(°_o)/¯

As an user and dev for this phone i stated my suggestion.

4 REPLIES 4

arora_aryan7
Star III
Yep I can confirm that multiple users have reported failure to unlock, more so in the past 3 months.
I've attached the ss shared by a user.
img-20200708-210537-753.jpg

Cc: @CH_ASUS @Anders

Aryan202
Community Legend I

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, you will not get updates via OTA if you unlock the bootloader. It's better if you keep your bootloader locked, your warranty will be void as soon as you unlock the bootloader. It does not necessarily means that you are rooted, the bootloader can be unlocked without rooting but the processes go side by side. You will not get any benefit if you unlock bootloader and do not root.

adeveloper79
Star II
victor2020

Hi, you will not get updates via OTA if you unlock the bootloader. It's better if you keep your bootloader locked, your warranty will be void as soon as you unlock the bootloader. It does not necessarily means that you are rooted, the bootloader can be unlocked without rooting but the processes go side by side. You will not get any benefit if you unlock bootloader and do not root.

View post
YO COPY PASTER
DID YOU EVEN READ ?
HUH?
NO ONES ASKING FOR ANY OTAs
IDC IF GET BANNED ON THIS FORUM FOR THIS REPLY, BUT YEAH HOW THE HELL DID YOU EVEN GET THE MODERATOR PERK?

IF ASUS DIDNT MEANT TO SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT THEY WOULDNT HAVE EVEN PROVIDED THE KERNEL SOURCES NOR THE UNLOCKTOOL
ISNT IT?
SO RATHER THAN COPY PASTING OR TYPING OUT THAT DONT ROOT AND DONT UNLOCK
ONLY REPLY TO A THREAD IF YOU CAN OR HAVE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING HELP
RATHER THAN SAYING THE OPPOSITE TO OP

AND TO THE ONES WHO PROVIDE THESE MOD PERKS TEST YOUR CANDIDATES THEN PROMOTE SOMEONE

PEACE