This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play games screen off issue

ragu
Star II
Paly game mobile will automatically screen off but game runing. Not only pubg all games
11 REPLIES 11

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
sauravshanbhogue

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/93512#Comment_93512

Yes . What are we supposed to do about the issue because I've seen alot of comments saying even the service centre guys weren't able to fix the issue,??

View post
Where are you seeing those comments?

amaanmehdi
Star III
I can verify that this happens when phone gets very hot (above 40 generally, but there is no exact value, it shifts). I myself, and one of my friends who owns a ROG 2 had this issue.
The symptons are:
-> Phone volume automatically changes
-> Screen sleeps automatically
What me and my friend did was we play on the lowest settings and use the Armory crate settings provided by Asus for PubgM. Ever since then, I have only noticed the volume auto change sometimes, but the screen issue was gone.
Also, I would suggest you to ensure that the phone doesn't get too hot, because my phone screen display broke from the inside (beneat the gorilla glass), and maybe, maybe it's because of overheating only. Not sure though.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94930#Comment_94930

View post
Ok. I'll try linking links/screenshots of the comments in my next comment. I am yet to go to service center because of the lockdown.
There are few comments about this and this is what happened upon getting the phone to a service centre.
They take the phone downgrade to A9 and send the device back and ask us to check if it's fixed
Now
1. They themselves aren't sure if it's fixed or not
2. We are asking for a perma fix not a temporary one
3. I've already downgraded to A9 ,used for more than month and still the issue persists. So A9 won't fix this issue
Am I missing something or this is the "RMA" service acc. To ASUS?🤔

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
amaanmehdi

I can verify that this happens when phone gets very hot (above 40 generally, but there is no exact value, it shifts). I myself, and one of my friends who owns a ROG 2 had this issue.

The symptons are:

-> Phone volume automatically changes

-> Screen sleeps automatically

What me and my friend did was we play on the lowest settings and use the Armory crate settings provided by Asus for PubgM. Ever since then, I have only noticed the volume auto change sometimes, but the screen issue was gone.

Also, I would suggest you to ensure that the phone doesn't get too hot, because my phone screen display broke from the inside (beneat the gorilla glass), and maybe, maybe it's because of overheating only. Not sure though.

View post
Bruh this ain't some shitty china clonephone nor a cheap phone. Op7t and this phone have the same cpu as well as gpu. Now This phone has better cooling . yet rog2 has this issue and op7t doesn't with even the HDR/Extreme settings.
You say to use lower settings in the " worshipped by gamers, chosen by gurus" device🤣.

sauravshanbhogu
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94930#Comment_94930

View post
I'll try linking more
screenshot-20200708-214503540.jpg