Quarter
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37 As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success. This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday. I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
294 REPLIES 294

peter_kiddle
Star I
Good morning @Blake_ASUS
I also have the mentioned issue with my ZenBook Pro Duo, both external and internal webcam flickers, on multiple occasions, I am in a video meeting only to find the other participants suddenly suffer with fits due to the excessive flickering of my webcam.

I have seen that a BIOS update seems to have fixed this for many users, would it be possible to help update mine, just to save the poor people that have to endure a video call with me.

Many thanks,

Pete

ZT-d23cb2b4
Star I
nunzah17@gmail.com

@Blake_ASUS I am having the same issue with the Asus Vivobook X512F. Took it into the shop to replace the camera and the motherboard but the issue still persists. Please send me a PM so I can send the serial.

Thank you.

View post
Hi Everyone. Blake_ASUS PM'd me the applicable BIOS update for my laptop. After unzipping the file using 7zip and updating the BIOS to the new version using ASUS EZ Flash 3 Utility during the Advanced Start-up, the lines have stopped flashing. I can now have my video calls with my AC adapter plugged in and not have to stare at those flashing horizontal lines.
Thank you Blake_ASUS!

andrea.vignoli98

Hello @Blake_ASUS ,

I have exactly the same problem (grey lines and green flicker on the webcam while on AC power) with my brand new laptop: ASUS VivoBook S15 S532FL-BN094T. Can you help me please? I have bought my laptop in an Italian Asus Gold Store.

View post
After updating the BIOS, the problem is solved and the horizontal lines have stopped flashing. Thank you very much @Blake_ASUS!!
I have another issue: the fan starts running noisily when the AC adapter is plugged in, specially while videocalling; disconneting AC, fan stops running. Can you help me solving this problem too?

aharris
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS I'm having the same issue with camera flickering with AC power only on my 1 week old ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo Model UX581G. Are you able to PM me with BIOS update.

Thank you for your help,
Harris

alogarta
Star I
Hello @Blake_ASUS I am having a similar issue with the webcam flickering. The laptop is brand new. Asus ExpertBook P5440FA. Current BIOS Version is 311. Please assist. Thanks.