cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen freezes when phone is kept idle

SushaNt_ROG
Star I
Hey guys,
So when I lock my phone and keep it idle for a few minutes, the screen freezes every time. Screen doesn't light up when touched or power key is pressed, but the phone is on. When ambient display is on, the screen is on but stuck at 'always on display clock' screen and also the clock shows the time when phone was locked for the last time ( i.e. time not updated). I applied factory reset a couple of times but the problem still persist. Facing this problem from yesterday morning. Please help ASAP
13 REPLIES 13

ronald1985
Community Legend I
alwaysdanish

Hi I am using 8 GB Version-

Below is list of apps.

Airtel

Amazon Shopping

Assistive Touch

bigbasket

Binance

BookMyShow

Camera Connect

Citibank IN

ColorNote

Docs

Domino's

Facebook

Flipkartt

Glassdoor

Google Play

Google Play Games

GoToWebinar

Headway

Hock CMA Prepare

Immersive Manager

inshorts

Insta Fit

Instagram

iSocietyManager

LinkedIn

LockMyPix

MX Player

Naukri.com

OlaCabs

PayPal

Paytm

PowerPoint

Prime Video

ProtonVPN

PUBG MOBILE

Quora

Rapido

Smart File Manager

SMT Employee

Snapseed

SoundCloud

Spencer's

Splitwise

Spotify

SQL Code Play

Storytel

Swiggy

Telegram

Truecaller

Twitter

Uber

Udemy

UEM Client

VLC

WhatsApp

Work

Yahoo Mail

YouTube Music

Zeta

Zomato

View post
You may have done this already, but let's ask just incase you haven't. The original poster says a factory reset was done, but I assumed you haven't yet.
Suggestion 1: On the phone on the home screen, press the Recent Apps icon and ensure you close all apps. See if you get the same issue.
Suggestion 2: You have Assistive Touch install, the only one that may interfere with the lock screen. Please can you uninstall it to see if you get the issue.
Suggestion 3: The other thing I would like you to try is: Settings - Battery - Power Master - Auto Start Manager - untick all apps and restart your phone. See if you get the same issue?
The very last suggestion which is up to you is do a factory reset. Don't install anything, but only to attempt to get the issue with no apps installed.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
SushaNt_ROG

@Gustav_ASUS I can't post the link of log of G-drive here. It won't allow me to paste it here. Where can I send you this?

View post
You can reply to me in the PM I sent you.

alwaysdanish
Star II
Hi Ronald,

Suggestion 1 seems to be working , although I haven't factory reset the phone yet.
Have also uninstalled Assistive touch.

Any idea why we are getting this issue.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
alwaysdanish

Hi Ronald,

Suggestion 1 seems to be working , although I haven't factory reset the phone yet.

Have also uninstalled Assistive touch.

Any idea why we are getting this issue.

View post
If Suggestion 1 works fine, it's not really an issue, but it is a matter of keeping a habbit of closing apps rather than just minimising the app. If you have alot of apps running at the same time, it will use up memory causing it to lag or ultimately freeze.