This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 bluetooth devices and calls volume have too low of maximum volume

Blackzynga
Star II
My phone is Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2(ZB631KL). Currently running the android version 9. Just updated android firmware last week. I'm at south east asia region.(just in case because I think the updates are base on regions like Japan and EU)
the volume for calls and volume for bluetooth device are too low when connected to the phone. No updates have fixed this. they fixed the problem with the speaker being low in general but didnt fix the calls volume and bluetooth device volume. I can actually feel the drop in volume when comparing it with a normal earpiece or wired headset. The volume drop is like when the volume is around 40% even though its already at maximum. I hope they fix this. I dont know where to complain anymore.
18 REPLIES 18

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Blackzynga
I tested my phone with same firmware version, yet I didn't encounter the same situation. Kindly provide me the screenshots below
1. Screenshot of bluetooth sound settings
Link on bluetooth earphone, and check on your bluetooth sound settings: Settings>Sound
2. Screenshot of cable sound settings
Link on cable earphone, and check on your bluetooth sound settings: Settings>Sound
3. Screenshot of normal sound settings
Settings>Sound

Could you hear clearly during calling after you adjust the sound settings? Or does the issue remain the same?

Blackzynga
Star II
The problem with the call is not related to bluetooth devices. Bluetooth devices problem is a different problem actually. Let me explain.
Call or Audio coming from the small speaker on top of the phone(as the speaker on top are mostly for calls) is too low. I cant hear what people said when in public so I had to use the speaker mode. This has been happening since I bought it. I confirmed it yesterday that all audio is too low from the top speaker wether its from call or just general audio by following your previous solution through the calculator. I tested it on the Receiver Test and I can barely hear a thing when on public/outside. Sure it sounds a bit fine when we tested it indoors but yeah its still hard to hear when in public or anywhere else.
However there are no problem when I use a cabled earpiece to hear what people CALLING me says.
On the other hand, bluetooth devices problem are a different problem. But it also have the low volume issue even though it is already on max. I'm not an expert but I notice that whenever theres a beat or a hard bass, theres a strong drop in volume(using Bluetooth Earpiece or Car Bluetooth Audio). But s in general the bluetooth audio is still too low when compared to other phones.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Blackzynga
Thank you for your quick reply. Because you have faced the issue since the dya you bought your device, please check on 3 types of SMMI test, do you experience low voice from Speaker, Receiver(the speaker on top), or Headset?
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Speaker Test/Receiver Test/Headset Test
If any of the SMMI test fail, please bring your device to the repair center. Furthermore, based on your description, we suggest you to contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence for an overall device checking: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

mrinalshow
Star II
deobak

Hi, I'm using Zenfone Max Pro M2 as well and facing low call volume issue while using the earpiece. I can bearly hear the person at the other end while using the earpiece with volume set at maximum. The loud speaker and headset volumes are quite good though. Can you please provide a software update to increase the earpiece volume to whatever maximum possible limit so that we can adjust as needed. Call volume is one of the basic feature that is of utmost importance in a phone. Please provide an update with enhanced call volume. Thank you.

Build# : PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2004.075-20200407

Note: I had the issue in Oreo as well.

View post
I had the same issue last month after update... Downgrading to oreo did not solve the issue.. I have used custom rom also but no use..
The .075 firmware may damage the ear speaker..
So visited the service center and they rectify the issue and charged Rs.500 ...