cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9 Security Patches

ssalah
Star II
Hello all,
I'm currently still running Android 9 (Firmware Version WW-16.1220.1909.194) on my ZenFone 6, even though I'm well aware Android 10 has been available for many months. This is through choice. I make heavy use of a tasker feature that doesnt work in Android 10.
When I go to 'About Phone' it tells me I'm on 1st September 2019 Android Security Patch level. I just wanted to ask whether this will always remain the case until I decide to upgrade to Android 10?
It would be great if Asus were able to offer the best of both worlds - the option to stay on Android 9 whilst still getting the latest security patches. I have a feeling this may not be possible, but just wanted to double check I've understood correctly.
If it's not possible, how worried should I be, security wise? I'm intending to keep this phone on Android 9 for at least another 2-3 years.
Thanks folks!
6 REPLIES 6

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

I am using Tasker too, but I use Fluid Navigation Gestures in Android 10.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fb.fluid

View post
I've been using FNG too for a while since jis suggested it. I haven't used any other form of gesture controls to compare, but it works for me.

ssalah
Star II
Ok thanks guys. Looks interesting - probably not exactly what I was after - but down to me to weigh up now I guess. You can't win them all 🙂