Please update Zenui contacts and dialer app

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS621KL / ZS620KL
Firmware Version: WW_100.10.107.87
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Zenui contact and dialer 6.0.2.18
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The contacts app is primitive. No contact images or thumbnails show up beside contact names which is very inconvenient.
Dialer app has terrible design, icons are absent, misaligned, not symmetric. Its a very basic dialer and contacts app omitting important features that are even there in Google's stock phone and contacts app. No caller identification or spam identification for unknown numbers. Call quality is inferior too. Calling screen design is inconvenient. Please look into this.

Following are the requirements:
1) proper dialer framework like Google's own
2) vowifi support should come within that dialer framework
3) uniform and proper design in contact and dialer apps
4) native video call if possible
5) contact images in contacts app
If not possible then just give us Google's phone app and contacts app. Max pro m1 has a superior call capability despite having arguably inferior hardware. Back in zenui 2 asus had its own sms app also. They discontinued that and gave google messages and I respect that they didn't have to look back or maintain it. Its time Asus did the same for dialer and contacts too. It will make the experience much more smooth and uniform. thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
@victor2020 @Anders_ASUS
@aamod.v8 @amitgarde3
Please please guys make sure we get the Vo-Wifi integrated on the next update release. Living on a wire here under lockdown. Connectivity is a pain. It is a really useful feature. Please make sure we get it with the next one. Thank you so much! Changes to the dialer as mentioned above would be appreciated too. Vo-Wifi is still a priority. Thanks!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
subhojit.dey

@victor2020 @Anders_ASUS

@aamod.v8 @amitgarde3

Please please guys make sure we get the Vo-Wifi integrated on the next update release. Living on a wire here under lockdown. Connectivity is a pain. It is a really useful feature. Please make sure we get it with the next one. Thank you so much! Changes to the dialer as mentioned above would be appreciated too. Vo-Wifi is still a priority. Thanks!

View post
This is understandable
But unfortunatly, VOWIFI These things are very much up to the operators
I honestly don't know if 5z will get vowifi, it might but ASUS can only ask the operators to kindly add it. N they are continously doing that
Thanks!😊

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
I don't think they will make any changes in the dialer app. It can only happen if 5z recieves Android 11/ Zenui7.
Thanks!

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94878#Comment_94878

This is understandable

But unfortunatly, VOWIFI These things are very much up to the operators

I honestly don't know if 5z will get vowifi, it might but ASUS can only ask the operators to kindly add it. N they are continously doing that

Thanks!😊

View post
Sure I understand. But that is not what I am talking about. Operator support is important yes. But even at the framework level in the device it is just not there. Even in a 2016 Samsung device you'll still see the Wi-fi calling option. It won't work even if you enable it if your operator doesn't have support that's true. But the framework is there. The same thing is there in google's dialer framework as well. That's why ASUS max pro series has it. Because its core is stock android and uses google's dialer framework. Asus implemented this in their dialer framework for 6z. So unless they do the basics for 5G, operator support won't even matter. Operators can roll it out for more phones anytime if the support is there. But time is running out for us to recieve the prerequisites. Later ASUS would just say that this device is too old when really the scope for VoWifi is there since the last 6 months. That's all I'm saying. If 2 2018 budget phones of a brand gets vo-wifi, a night mode in camera. Then so can a 2018 flagship which costs 3 times as much. Otherwise its just buying bad brand reputation for Asus. That is what I think. I get your point and I would still request mods to look into this. Thanks!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
subhojit.dey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94894#Comment_94894

Sure I understand. But that is not what I am talking about. Operator support is important yes. But even at the framework level in the device it is just not there. Even in a 2016 Samsung device you'll still see the Wi-fi calling option. It won't work even if you enable it if your operator doesn't have support that's true. But the framework is there. The same thing is there in google's dialer framework as well. That's why ASUS max pro series has it. Because its core is stock android and uses google's dialer framework. Asus implemented this in their dialer framework for 6z. So unless they do the basics for 5G, operator support won't even matter. Operators can roll it out for more phones anytime if the support is there. But time is running out for us to recieve the prerequisites. Later ASUS would just say that this device is too old when really the scope for VoWifi is there since the last 6 months. That's all I'm saying. If 2 2018 budget phones of a brand gets vo-wifi, a night mode in camera. Then so can a 2018 flagship which costs 3 times as much. Otherwise its just buying bad brand reputation for Asus. That is what I think. I get your point and I would still request mods to look into this. Thanks!

View post
K,lets wait and watch m guessing 5z is upnext for VOWIFI as max series,zenfone 6,rog1&2 all got VOWIFI with there last updates this late atleast for 1 operator jio so next will be 5z i think so 😜 nd it should be
🤞