This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 bluetooth devices and calls volume have too low of maximum volume

Blackzynga
Star II
My phone is Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2(ZB631KL). Currently running the android version 9. Just updated android firmware last week. I'm at south east asia region.(just in case because I think the updates are base on regions like Japan and EU)
the volume for calls and volume for bluetooth device are too low when connected to the phone. No updates have fixed this. they fixed the problem with the speaker being low in general but didnt fix the calls volume and bluetooth device volume. I can actually feel the drop in volume when comparing it with a normal earpiece or wired headset. The volume drop is like when the volume is around 40% even though its already at maximum. I hope they fix this. I dont know where to complain anymore.
18 REPLIES 18

abhaykrishnan02
Zen Master I
BC SURTI

ANY SOLUTION FOR LOW CALL VOLUME ON MAX M2 PRO. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING.

WILL ROLL BACK TO OREO 8.1 CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEM? IF YES HOW TO DO THAT?

View post
we don't know that it can solve the problem or not
but if you want to downgrade to oreo go to mobile repairing shop and say him to install its original oreo rom

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear friends,
Thank you all for the reply. After update the latest firmware version WW-16.2017.2005.092, does the low voice issue remain the same? For ZB631KL users, if the issue remains the same, kindly provide me the information below so that I could better assist you
In the Safe Mode, which channel appears volume low issue? Speaker or earphones? Bluetooth earphone or cable earphone?
If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

For ZB630KL users, kindly open a new thread in the forum. Thank you.

Blackzynga
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Dear friends,

Thank you all for the reply. After update the latest firmware version WW-16.2017.2005.092, does the low voice issue remain the same? For ZB631KL users, if the issue remains the same, kindly provide me the information below so that I could better assist you

In the Safe Mode, which channel appears volume low issue? Speaker or earphones? Bluetooth earphone or cable earphone?

If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

For ZB630KL users, kindly open a new thread in the forum. Thank you.

View post
Yes the latest firmware version WW-16.2017.2005.092 still have the low voice during call issue and the audio issue when using bluetooth devices. Cabled devices like earpieces and cabled speakers are doing fine now as you guys already fixed the problem where audio in general are too low 2-3 Firmware updates ago.
Btw I'm not too sure myself but I believe my camera is unable to focus on all the modes(pro,auto and etc) since 2-3 firmware updates. It is weird since I havent cause any damage like dropping the phone or cause any water damage whatsoever.
I already tried formatting my phone to solve the above problems but the issue remains.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Blackzynga
Thank you for your reply. I may forward this case to relative department. Also, could you use another bluetooth device to check weather the issue remain the same?

>Camera Blurry
1. Does the issue appear on the stock camera only or on other camera apps (e,g. Instagram) as well?
Please try clearing cache & storage of Camera (long press "Camera">App Info>Storage & memory>Clear cache/Clear storage), and try to re-install 3rd party camera apps and check again.
2. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
[Phone/Pad] How to Enter and Exit Safe Mode? | Official Support | ASUS Global3. Please check on SMMI test, could the device pass the SMMI test? 
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Wide-angled Camera Capture Test/Tele Camera Capture Test/Front Camera Capture Test
4. Please try the Factory Reset
If the situation remain the same, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

Blackzynga
Star II
Hi, yes the issue still remains with other bluetooth device. Tried it on my Car bluetooth Audio and other bluetooth headsets and earpiece. I can feel the drop in volume on any of them.
The blurry camera still persist. The camera failed to focus on the original camera app and third party app like Whatsapp.
I already tried the solutions given above and it still remain. Even when safe mode is on.