cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 heating issue

Ban
Star II
Hi,
I noticed that my phone is warmer to touch lately. The battery drains faster too.
I noticed that my CPU temperature is high - it ranges from 60-69 degrees Celsius. I don't even play games on it much. I've also used the power master feature and kept the phone optimized.
Just browsing through the phone system drains about 3% of the battery in just 5 minutes use.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I just bought this phone 2 months ago - it didn't have this problem before.
Here's a picture of the Armory Crate to show the temperature.

WAE7KUH5RV9T.jpg

66 REPLIES 66

I am also having similar auto restart and switch off problem. When I put my phone on charging it switches off and charges slowly.
While gaming the screen freezes and I have to restart the game couple of times and it still keeps on freezing.
All of this strted when I updated the phone to android 10 beta version.
Please asus get a fix for this as I cannot even send my phone for a fix because of the COVID-19 lockdown

I am also having similar auto restart and switch off problem. When I put my phone on charging it switches off and charges slowly.
While gaming the screen freezes and I have to restart the game couple of times and it still keeps on freezing.
Please asus get a fix for this as I cannot even send my phone for a fix because of the COVID-19 lockdown

ronald1985
Community Legend I
devilmonu.monu01

View post
What happens if you don't charge, do you still get the same problem?

DeeCee
Star I
I'm having the exact same issue. Only noticed it a couple of days ago, same deal as the initial post; High temperature at 2.96GHz. Battery consumption speed is noticeably faster while it's in this state.
I've noticed that switching to X mode and back seems to fix it almost immediately, but it still doesn't make much sense to me.

kshishir3799
Star I
I am also having same problem auto restart and switch off issue