This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 won't connect to car Bluetooth

aoconno6
Star I
Today I purchased the ROG Phone 2, and when I tried to pair it to my car (A 2013 Subaru Legacy), it said "Pairing was rejected by CAR_M_Media". This is super upsetting as I love this phone but not being able to connect it to my cars Bluetooth would be enough for me to return it. I looked around online and saw that car pairing was a big problem with this phone but haven't been able to find a fix for this. Also I should mention that I have had many Samsung phones and iPhones connected to my cars Bluetooth with no issue. Does anyone know a fix to this or steps I can take to diagnose my issue, or is it hopeless for this phone?
Edit: The phones software is fully up to date with version 17.0230.2004.60 using Android 10
9 REPLIES 9

Melqui
Zen Master I
Here, Google voice commands over car Bluetooth don't works. Worked updates before!

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Melqui

Here, Google voice commands over car Bluetooth don't works. Worked updates before!

View post
Are you using Android Auto to use the Google Commands?

Melqui
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94549#Comment_94549

Are you using Android Auto to use the Google Commands?

View post
No. Holding "Phone" button in car player. This opens Google app but doesn't recognize voice.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Melqui

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94557#Comment_94557

No. Holding "Phone" button in car player. This opens Google app but doesn't recognize voice.

View post
EDIT: Nevermind I get the same issue too. Do you get this screen?
screenshot-20200705-231741492.jpg
Looking at other forums, everyone is having this issue, even Google Pixel too.
I will mess around with the settings and see what happens.

TonyB
Star I
With my phone it works I am not sure if it is Bluetooth 3.0 or Bluetooth 2.0, with the difference that I have the latest software update and the car is rented by 8rental.com and the car has a stereo I think the solution is to have the phone up to date with its updates