This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't even record a gaming video on best gaming phone!

roxy333
Star III
As a gaming phone, our device has this irritating glitch. When using a wired earphone, I repeat a wired earphone, when we record the internal sound, the sound delays while playing. Like if I record while playing PUBG, I have sound delay in game. It is a delay of 1 sec. As soon as I stop recording, delay disappears and when I watch the recorded video, that is also perfect, no delay there. I was on amdroid pie and I expected that this issue will be fixed in a10 but no. Last day I upgraded to A10 stable but the irritating issue is still there. As a gaming phone, mechanism of game recording is extremely important. Again it is independent of earphone. No matter if we use wireless or wired one or even without earphone, of we record gameplay, we experience delay due to which gaming while recording is merely impossible.
Asus has given us so many options as a gaming phone but if they cant even fix a silly issue like that... Then they should stop boasting things like "worshipped by gamers and bla bla."
And then ASUS support will come here and tell me to use 3rd party recording apps. Is this is really the kind of support that you provide us here? To use 3rd party apps.
A very good way of saying "we can't".
Even a $200 can do that perfectly.
Asus you are constantly failing as a good software provider. Keep it up.
Issue has been reported already here for months and months ago and still they are working on it or I would rather say they are suggesting us to use 3rd party apps.

In the launch even before comparing your devices to all the high end devices and saying that we can do what they can't and bla bla, I'd rather suggest you to focus on basics ASUS.
A good screen recorder is a basic thing for a gaming smartphone.
I request you to please work on this one. This used to work perfectly before. Please help asus. If you can't then who else would?
If so many people are reporting the issue, then it is a major problem.

Thank you
53 REPLIES 53

ronald1985
Community Legend I
roxy333

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94349#Comment_94349

Yes I do have 8GB global version only

View post
Thanks! I am on the 12GB version and not facing the issue. I am on the latest version of the firmware.
You already tried factory reset, and if you haven't done so already, install only the game you're playing and see if you face the same issue? This means nothing else including launchers and any apps you install. We can investigate from here.

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94452#Comment_94452

Thanks! I am on the 12GB version and not facing the issue. I am on the latest version of the firmware.

You already tried factory reset, and if you haven't done so already, install only the game you're playing and see if you face the same issue? This means nothing else including launchers and any apps you install. We can investigate from here.

View post
The delay increases after installing apps and using mobile which is utter nonsense, so asus want me to not install apps and not use mobile, if i want to use the screen recorder do i always have to factory reset to remove the delay??? Srsly why even have delay. I mean even after factory reset you face delay but that is very small delay. I would say asus should get a fix to this immediately

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94501#Comment_94501

The delay increases after installing apps and using mobile which is utter nonsense, so asus want me to not install apps and not use mobile, if i want to use the screen recorder do i always have to factory reset to remove the delay??? Srsly why even have delay. I mean even after factory reset you face delay but that is very small delay. I would say asus should get a fix to this immediately

View post
Unless you have the 12GB version, 8GB is not really a lot of resource considering how much is needed to run a game, Android and any additional apps nowadays. You're right that it's ridiculous in doing factory reset everytime, but if a hardware reaches it limit, you certainly cannot go further.
I am only saying that because from experience lower spec of the model won't be good enough and the higher spec is too darn expensive for me, therefore I always go for the medium one which is 12GB RAM and 512GB storage space.
Not everyone would agree with me, but it's my 2 cents.

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94503#Comment_94503

Unless you have the 12GB version, 8GB is not really a lot of resource considering how much is needed to run a game, Android and any additional apps nowadays. You're right that it's ridiculous in doing factory reset everytime, but if a hardware reaches it limit, you certainly cannot go further.

I am only saying that because from experience lower spec of the model won't be good enough and the higher spec is too darn expensive for me, therefore I always go for the medium one which is 12GB RAM and 512GB storage space.

View post
Pc/desktop can run games like gta5 which consume more ram than pubg for sure and talking about this issue being due to ram then i have seen 6gb ram phones and 4 gb ram phones can dont have this issue so dont say its hardware limitation of 8gb version because its non sense.

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94503#Comment_94503

View post
More over i have 8gb ram laptop which can do alot more than my phone with same ram without any limitations ofc only when gaming. I dont understand why i need 12gb ram version to not have this issue???? Phones that have way less ram doesnt have this issue. Show me one device that have this same issue, just show me one device alright? I am pretty sure its not hardware ok?