This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't even record a gaming video on best gaming phone!

roxy333
Star III
As a gaming phone, our device has this irritating glitch. When using a wired earphone, I repeat a wired earphone, when we record the internal sound, the sound delays while playing. Like if I record while playing PUBG, I have sound delay in game. It is a delay of 1 sec. As soon as I stop recording, delay disappears and when I watch the recorded video, that is also perfect, no delay there. I was on amdroid pie and I expected that this issue will be fixed in a10 but no. Last day I upgraded to A10 stable but the irritating issue is still there. As a gaming phone, mechanism of game recording is extremely important. Again it is independent of earphone. No matter if we use wireless or wired one or even without earphone, of we record gameplay, we experience delay due to which gaming while recording is merely impossible.
Asus has given us so many options as a gaming phone but if they cant even fix a silly issue like that... Then they should stop boasting things like "worshipped by gamers and bla bla."
And then ASUS support will come here and tell me to use 3rd party recording apps. Is this is really the kind of support that you provide us here? To use 3rd party apps.
A very good way of saying "we can't".
Even a $200 can do that perfectly.
Asus you are constantly failing as a good software provider. Keep it up.
Issue has been reported already here for months and months ago and still they are working on it or I would rather say they are suggesting us to use 3rd party apps.

In the launch even before comparing your devices to all the high end devices and saying that we can do what they can't and bla bla, I'd rather suggest you to focus on basics ASUS.
A good screen recorder is a basic thing for a gaming smartphone.
I request you to please work on this one. This used to work perfectly before. Please help asus. If you can't then who else would?
If so many people are reporting the issue, then it is a major problem.

Thank you
53 REPLIES 53

roxy333
Star III
@Anders_ASUS help on this!

Not applicable
Gustav_ASUS

"Like if I record while playing PUBG, I have sound delay in game. It is a delay of 1 sec."

If you're experiencing anything more than a delay of around 100-200 ms while recording, there's something else going on than the software limitation we've been talking about in similar threads here on Zentalk. Another user was reporting the same thing as you and his problem was resolved by performing a factory reset and not restoring his data first-thing after the reset.

See this thread for more information on the subject: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92855/#Comment_92855

View post
That post i made was when i tested phone with 0 apps, as i install apps and use the phone the delay increases overtime!! So annoying. I am not formatting my phone again just to fix this 1 sec delay. Moreover this issue is just in rog. I can bare 100ms delay but why do we need to compromise with such hardware whereas no other phones i see have same issue as asus. Do nothing but at least update the screen recorder and add a few feature like removing the annoying overlay thst counts the seconds of us recording. Its so distracting and covers screen while gaming. Add more options. You can take idea from the app called "Screen Recorder-No ADS" on googleplay. Its good app but cannot record the ingame audio. Please just consider this request for god sake.

roxy333
Star III
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94073#Comment_94073

That post i made was when i tested phone with 0 apps, as i install apps and use the phone the delay increases overtime!! So annoying. I am not formatting my phone again just to fix this 1 sec delay. Moreover this issue is just in rog. I can bare 100ms delay but why do we need to compromise with such hardware whereas no other phones i see have same issue as asus. Do nothing but at least update the screen recorder and add a few feature like removing the annoying overlay thst counts the seconds of us recording. Its so distracting and covers screen while gaming. Add more options. You can take idea from the app called "Screen Recorder-No ADS" on googleplay. Its good app but cannot record the ingame audio. Please just consider this request for god sake.

View post
I really wonder if this is the kind of support they provide here. They can't do it! They are suggesting 3rd party apps. Horrible! They can't even fix a silly recorder issue from their side! Like why should we experience even 100 ms delay? No other device out there has that issue and these asus support talking about android limitations as if only they are giving android OS in their device

ronald1985
Community Legend I
roxy333

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94234#Comment_94234

I really wonder if this is the kind of support they provide here. They can't do it! They are suggesting 3rd party apps. Horrible! They can't even fix a silly recorder issue from their side! Like why should we experience even 100 ms delay? No other device out there has that issue and these asus support talking about android limitations as if only they are giving android OS in their device

View post
Do you have the 8GB RAM version of the phone?

roxy333
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/94344#Comment_94344

Do you have the 8GB RAM version of the phone?

View post
Yes I do have 8GB global version only