This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping of Refresh rate Rog 2

Sourabh
Rising Star I
Hi...my phone is set on 90hz refresh rate.. but when i enter into settings or any app... Refresh rate drops down , may be less than 60hz , coz it feels very laggy...but after i restart my phone , again everything is buttery smooth... This happened 3- 4 times now, after the latest update. Please help.
31 REPLIES 31

monilhathi
Star III
I have also been experiencing the same with stutters and some lag in apps loading in settings and switching apps. And to be sure this is happening in A10 only, never faced such issues on A9. Also I would somewhat disagree with @ronald1985 of not having custom launchers or icons...might as well buy an iPhone if that was the case with Android. I think the s/w needs more optimization. TRY THIS (not sure it will work 100%). For me stutters have reduced. Open developer setting and tick disable HW overlay (that is enable the settings). This will make all animations processed by GPU.

Sourabh
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@Sourabh We're tacking a similar case and you could help us out with a device log. If you're up for it, I can send you instructions via PM.

View post
I have sent you the log file and screen recording

Sourabh
Rising Star I
griswaalt

Same issue for me too for e.g. while transitioning between screens or scrolling. If I scroll this very page with a gentle flick in Chrome, there's a visible stutter even if my display is at 120Hz. A reboot fixes this for sometime but the issue reappears in a day or two. Would appreciate a fix for this.

In fact today morning, swiping across my home screen was literally like a slide show. The launcher then crashed and restarted and it was fine. Not sure what's going on. I'm on the latest A10 stable update and have an ultimate edition phone.

View post
Yes..the same

Sourabh
Rising Star I
monilhathi

I have also been experiencing the same with stutters and some lag in apps loading in settings and switching apps. And to be sure this is happening in A10 only, never faced such issues on A9. Also I would somewhat disagree with @ronald1985 of not having custom launchers or icons...might as well buy an iPhone if that was the case with Android. I think the s/w needs more optimization. TRY THIS (not sure it will work 100%). For me stutters have reduced. Open developer setting and tick disable HW overlay (that is enable the settings). This will make all animations processed by GPU.

View post
No.. it didn't helped for me..thanks

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
I can confirm this issue. In my opinion it's not the refresh rate changing but there are frame drops, it's very much noticible while scrolling through recent apps, but goes away with restart. I must mention I've changed animation speed in dev options.