This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add these basic features/setting in max m2 A10, Other phones have it from past 7-8 yrs or so.

cpm25
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ASUS_X01AD
Firmware Version: WW-16.2018.2005.64
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System Settings and others
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello, I've been using Asus max m2 for a while and some basic setting/features which are really necessary are missing like
1)swipe down for notification on home screen - This is present in almost every phone now(I shouldn't be asking for this in 2020!!!!).It's so annoying to swipe from top all the time.
2)Notch settings - I think notch display setting must be there in phones with notch, all phones have it except for max m2.I was really surprised when I didn't even see the setting to hide it!!!.
3)Screen color mood - When i started using this phone i felt the screen color is little bit on cooler side, I thought of changing it to warmer, and I didn't find a setting for that too!!!!!.
4)Option to disable swiping down notification panel in lock screen - While in lock screen anyone can turn my data and hotspot on from notification panel and start using. No option to disable it in lock screen even if pin or pattern is present. And that's not the worst part, it asks for pattern while turning it off after turning on from lock screen rather than asking before switching it on!!. Why don't Asus add such common and basic settings?.
Apart from above, those were just very common. Some other features are also there which are not present like panorama (as if there is wide angle camera), swap navigation buttons option, scrolling or long screenshots, option to disable app icon frame, no call recording(Some android one Nokia phones also have it now), no native video calling (my old 4-5 yr old phone had it but this doesn't!!), poor touch latency/accuracy the screen doesn't sync with the pace of my finger(I feel this especially in games, movement becomes hard), and there is no widevine L1 support therefore no HD content 😞 .In Oreo it was L1, but after upgrading to pie it became L3,Why?.
And please reconfigure the status bar icons sometimes icons go inside the notch. For example while using dual sim the sim 2 network goes inside the notch and also happens when battery percentage is 100%.i hope I'll see these fixed in android 10 stable or at least the above 4 settings.
3 REPLIES 3

Ankesh
Star III
cpm25

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:ASUS_X01AD
  2. Firmware Version: WW-16.2018.2005.64
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System Settings and others

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hello, I've been using Asus max m2 for a while and some basic setting/features which are really necessary are missing like

1)swipe down for notification on home screen - This is present in almost every phone now(I shouldn't be asking for this in 2020!!!!).It's so annoying to swipe from top all the time.

2)Notch settings - I think notch display setting must be there in phones with notch, all phones have it except for max m2.I was really surprised when I didn't even see the setting to hide it!!!.

3)Screen color mood - When i started using this phone i felt the screen color is little bit on cooler side, I thought of changing it to warmer, and I didn't find a setting for that too!!!!!.

4)Option to disable swiping down notification panel in lock screen - While in lock screen anyone can turn my data and hotspot on from notification panel and start using. No option to disable it in lock screen even if pin or pattern is present. And that's not the worst part, it asks for pattern while turning it off after turning on from lock screen rather than asking before switching it on!!. Why don't Asus add such common and basic settings?.

Apart from above, those were just very common. Some other features are also there which are not present like panorama (as if there is wide angle camera), swap navigation buttons option, scrolling or long screenshots, option to disable app icon frame, no call recording(Some android one Nokia phones also have it now), no native video calling (my old 4-5 yr old phone had it but this doesn't!!), poor touch latency/accuracy the screen doesn't sync with the pace of my finger(I feel this especially in games, movement becomes hard), and there is no widevine L1 support therefore no HD content 😞 .In Oreo it was L1, but after upgrading to pie it became L3,Why?.

And please reconfigure the status bar icons sometimes icons go inside the notch. For example while using dual sim the sim 2 network goes inside the notch and also happens when battery percentage is 100%.i hope I'll see these fixed in android 10 stable or at least the above 4 settings.

Please add these basic features/setting in max m2 A10, Other phones have it from past 7-8 yrs or so.
Yes ASUS Please look into these.

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, thanks for writing to us. We will try to highlight these features feedback to the team. Note, not all features make it to update as it depends on the stability of the phone which is our top priority. Thanks.

cpm25
Star II

victor2020

Hi, thanks for writing to us. We will try to highlight these features feedback to the team. Note, not all features make it to update as it depends on the stability of the phone which is our top priority. Thanks.

View post
And one more thing I forgot to mention. There is a slight noise from the speaker of the phone when hearing in the low sound volume. Like the noise which comes from the radio when poor signal. There is a slight noise for every sound I play from the phone no matter through which app I play from. The same noise even comes to the earphones(I have wired earphones) that's why I don't think its the problem of the speaker but rather its a software issue. You can hear the noise when the device speaker is bought close to the ear by keeping the sound volume lowest.