This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBGM High Ping on WIFI

akashvarshney00
Star III
Wifi details - Jio fiber 250 MBPS connection.
I have been having this issue from the past couple of months where I am getting a constant High ping of about 160 ms on my wifi, I have noticed this issue with my phone alone as other devices are getting regular 50 ms. When I switch to mobile data during the match I get considerably better ping approx 60 ms which is what I should get on wifi. The thing about mobile data is it's not constant so I get spikes of ping in between which makes gameplay during close combat very difficult.
I tried changing modem but with no success.
I have recorded a video of the same and attached the same, kindly let me know how to resolve this issue.

34 REPLIES 34

akashvarshney00
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/93838#Comment_93838

Your original video had WhatsApp (as an example) running in the background and straight away you're not dedicating the speed. So I wonder if you misunderstood what I was asking for?

If you run the ping test, we shall see.

Ping is the measurement of how fast you get the response back from the destination server (pong). You might have 250mbps link, but your phone doesn't handle that much speed.

The ping test I sent you was to show how fast your ping is from your phone to the server. If it is quick like you said, then it would be either the game or software. Like I said, if you have higher graphics setting, you can still face high pings as your pings.

I have tried PUBG, just to make it worst, I don't get this so we do need your help?

View post
Here you go if it is of any help. Attaching both screenshot on wifi and mobile data.
My graphic settings are smooth + extreme + colorful + anti - aliasing enabled + shadows
Also X mode is ON when I play pubg of it could be of any significance.
When we talk about phone it is ROG phone 2 that means SD 855+ running on A10
This is supposed to be a Gaming phone and it should be capable of handling such things . Everything was normal until A9 just when Asus launched A10, things went haywire with triggers and pings.

akashvarshney00
Star III
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/31228/pubgm-high-ping-on-wifi

I am using same wifi and plan and getting constant 20 ping, no spikes. I suggest turning of data saver if it is on, that might be the issue. Other things i can suggest is try going to safe mode and check the speed on chrome browser. If these doesnt help then i would suggest to check your ping on ookla and see if the ping is high there too. If the ping is high there too then its something you want to discuss with jio. I had network issues before and let me tell you, jio solved that issue in a day. I broke my wire and they fixed it same day during lockdown. 🙂

View post
Here I am attaching some screenshots from safe mode and I never keep my phone on data saver.
screenshot-20200703-095044.jpg
screenshot-20200703-094531235.jpg

akashvarshney00
Star III
ronald1985

Ping from ROG2:

screenshot-20200702-192429323.jpg

View post
Ping from phone and laptop
screenshot-20200703-101057227.jpg
p-20200703-101105.jpg
Why it is not touching 30-40 in Asia region???

akashvarshney00
Star III
akashvarshney005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/93878#Comment_93878

Ping from phone and laptop

screenshot-20200703-101057227.jpg

p-20200703-101105.jpg

Why it is not touching 30-40 in Asia region???

View post
This is when I switch from 5 GHZ to 2.5 GHz band.
screenshot-20200703-102530495.jpg
Better I would say.

akashvarshney00
Star III
Nothing I did is fixing this issue I still am getting 150-200 ping. What should I do????