This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHONE HACKED

OPC
Zen Master II
If anyone would have a solution to this I would appreciate.
I was going to delete a spam email in Outlook for Android. A kind of I receive tens of every day. Didn't open any attachment. The phone just crashed and started to reboot..
The Android and The Republic of Gamers logos appeared and than it started to reboot again. It's constantly rebooting. I went into recovery mode, tried to reboot, made factory reset several times, but nothing helped. I could leave it rebooting until the battery completely drains. I can power it on or of, I can go to boot loader and recovery mode. Once it even emited the startup sound and once the vibration started for a moment. But it always started to reboot again.
Any suggestions please? I believe there must be some malicious code from the email doing all that.
11 REPLIES 11

ronald1985
Community Legend I
OPC

Maybe I wasn't clear. The phone cannot boot. The process is interrupted and starts from zero indefinitely. I can enter recovery mode (power + volume up) but cannot boot from there. I cannot boot into safe mode (power + volume down). The phone vibrates and then starts to reboot again.

View post
Sounds like storage is corrupt to me. When you say factory reset, does that mean you done it through Recovery?
(I did ask if you can boot into safe mode, but my comment is waiting to be approved - so ignore that when it appears)

OPC
Zen Master II
To boot into safe mode is impossible. Press volume down + power, android logo and ROG logo appears, the phone vibrates and then everything starts from zero.
I can press power + volume up, enter boot loader, select recovery mode. I have option to reboot, restart boot loader, erase phone and power off. I have erased the phone and tried to reboot but it doesn't finish rebooting.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
OPC

I was going to delete a spam email in Outlook for Android. A kind of I receive tens of every day. Didn't open any attachment. The phone just crashed and started to reboot..

The Android and The Republic of Gamers logos appeared and than it started to reboot again. It's constantly rebooting. I went into recovery mode, tried to reboot, made factory reset several times, but nothing helped. I could leave it rebooting until the battery completely drains. I can power it on or of, I can go to boot loader and recovery mode. Once it even emited the startup sound and once the vibration started for a moment. But it always started to reboot again.

Any suggestions please? I believe there must be some malicious code from the email doing all that.

PHONE HACKED
Does it happen when you're in Safe Mode?
[Phone/Pad] How to Enter and Exit Safe Mode? | Official Support | ASUS UK

Not applicable
OPC

PHONE HACKED
It sounds like the senerio where the wallpaper used to brick phones, if you dont know about that. There was a wallpaper which crashed most of android phones just because of one pixel which was unreadable and as the picture was set as wallpaper, the phone was unable to boot. I think the same thing has happened but it doesnt justify that because you didnt add that mail/file to your system by any means and it cannot attach to your system without asking for permissions. All androids ask for permission from apps to download or access its hardware and its quite hard to bypass this remotely unless the hacker already has control to your phone. I suggest changing your email's password and try to open the phone? Its worth a try.

OPC
Zen Master II
Made the password reset. But before, after resting overnight, when rebooting it passed the stage from yesterday (Android and Republic of Gamers logo with Snapdragon logo on the bottom), emited the "whoosh" sound. Second Rog logo (with the fish) appeared, the bar keeps running from left to right. It's stuck here