This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New apps don't work

bst_tcc
Star I
After the latest update both asus and google chrome, 4 out of 5 apps that i install, they just remain stuck for a long time on the first loading screen, either eventually respond and work or they give not responding app notification. Old apps are not affected, did anyone experience this issue? Anyone have any idea how to fix the issue or even rollback to previous version before latest update?
18 REPLIES 18

Deannnnn
Rising Star I
Then roll back again and stop *auto update?

bst_tcc
Star I
Ok guys I was able to identify the issue. The SD card, it was faulty, didn't allow to be written, weirdly enough after I removed it, everything worked.
Now I have to say, I downgraded and upgraded my phone so many times I lost track, but a little hack for you guys, at your own risk but for me worked just fine.
If you have Android 9 and you still didn't get Android 10 update, download it from the firmware page place the zip in the root folder of your internal and after a few minutes your phone will detect it and you can update. One bad experience with Android 10, WiFi connection was pretty inconsistent. Now to downgrade your phone, even from Android 9 to a previous patch of Android 9, also works from Android 10 to 9, download the version of firmware you want, place it in the root folder, now here comes the "hack" part, check your current Android version, rename the update file, as example you have ...2017.2005.082 and want to downgrade to ...2017.1912.060, just rename the file to ...2017.2006.083 and save, do a restart, after a few minutes it will detect that you have an update, now these are not update, they are full installation files so technically should be safe. But remember being a new installation you will lose all your data from internal. So good luck to everyone and thank you for all your contribution.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
For the firmware version, especially in the same Android version, we suggest you to keep your firmware in the latest version, which has the latest security update and bug fix. 😉

AJ1
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

For the firmware version, especially in the same Android version, we suggest you to keep your firmware in the latest version, which has the latest security update and bug fix. 😉

View post
But with same latest if issue is not resolved what to do?