This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain In Zenfone 5z

dcpande04
Star II
Since Android 10 updated battery performance of my Zenfone 5z has become unreliable. On few occasions battery lasts for 6 hrs of screen on time but sometimes it lasts for only 3 hours of screen on time. Both observations are made after Charing the battery to 100% and operating under very similar conditions.
Data on only when using the phone, Wifi on only when using the phone, low display brightness, bluetooth always off, location always off, NFC always off.
I found that restating the phone after fully charging it tends to give close to 5:30+ hrs of screen on time as opposed to 3hrs when not restarted. But this doesn't always work.

Android Pie and Oreo never had this problem, I was getting consistent 6+ hours of screen on time.
screenshot-20200626-110117689.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Dir3WolF
Star III
Do a battery calibration. It may improve your battery. As i dont facing this problem nor anyone. Also dont look for battery stats in .87 update. As it shows wrong stats.
Now in latest update i am getting nearly sot as of android pie.

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi there, kindly update your device to the latest firmware, you may also follow the below steps:
Recalibrate battery
To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.
then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).
charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.
now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.
keep the phone unused for 5 mins.
you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.

I have also facing the battery issue after latest update. Plz help me to solve this issue or provide a new update for that

dcpande04
Star II
Hello Everyone.
Update: Battery calibration was not the issue, I did calibrate the battery, but battery backup did not change. I was using latest firmware.
But I noticed Instagram was using same battery charge for half the usage time as Twitter (As can be seen in my original post) So I uninstalled Instagram (I rarely use it anyways) and disabled the background Facebook apps. I had factory reset my phone few months ago, before it the apps were disabled and I had forgot to disable them afterwards. The battery backup significantly improved (doubled). I am attaching new stats and background apps screenshot.
Thank you everyone for the inputs.
Stay Safe.
screenshot-20200701-232613856.jpg
============X=========X========X========X=======X=======X======X======X======X======
screenshot-20200701-174734528-1.jpg