This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme lag when battery reaches 5%

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Games are pretty much unplayable because of how much my rog 2 will lag once the battery hits 5%. I assume this is because various processes are being rationed in order to streach the battery life. I'd prefer if this didn't happen and everything ran as normal until the battery completely died. I occasionally do battery calibrations and trying to completely drain the battery TAKES FOREVER when resources are being rationed and the device is super laggy. Is there anyway I can change this?
15 REPLIES 15

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Melqui

Let battery discharge until 5% is very bad to battery!

View post
Your right. Its not good to do this all the time. However, I will occasionally calibrate my battery. To do this one has to completely drain the battery. Plug it in and turn it. Don't unplug until it reaches 100%. Repeat all the steps above 1 more time. Afterwards battery calibration is complete
akhilj66

For me it's 3%, I have tried all the suggested hacks, none of them works.

You can however charge the phone while using and when it reaches 4% or 6% in your case, phone starts acting normally.

This is normal for all phones to conserve battery in the end, just Rog 2 lags little bit more. 3% or 5% try not letting go below 15%, battery will remain healthy for longer time.

View post
I've thought about turning off battery optimization, adaptive battery as well as using the "plugged in at home" hardcore tuning found on the zentalk forums for call of duty mobile once my battery hits 5%. Wondering if that would make a difference. I did discover if I turn off battery optimization and adaptive battery things only start to lag at 3% versus 5%