cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen freezes when phone is kept idle

SushaNt_ROG
Star I
Hey guys,
So when I lock my phone and keep it idle for a few minutes, the screen freezes every time. Screen doesn't light up when touched or power key is pressed, but the phone is on. When ambient display is on, the screen is on but stuck at 'always on display clock' screen and also the clock shows the time when phone was locked for the last time ( i.e. time not updated). I applied factory reset a couple of times but the problem still persist. Facing this problem from yesterday morning. Please help ASAP
13 REPLIES 13

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@SushaNt_ROG When you say "a couple of minutes", do you mean that it won't freeze if you press the power button to lock and then instantly unlock it again, or say after 20 seconds?
I would recommend performing a factory reset without adding all your applications and settings back directly after, in the case that your problem is caused by some application running haywire on your device.
edit: Also, when it freezes, are you forcing a reboot to get it working again?

SushaNt_ROG
Star I
@Gustav_ASUS It won't freeze if I unlock it instantly or maybe within a minute. It neither freezes when I am using it. But when I put a lock and keep it idle for a few minutes ( sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 15 minutes), it freezes.
I have performed factory reset too. But it freezes still when there's not a single installed app.
When it freezes it won't power off or reboot simply by pressing and holding power button. I have to press and hold volume down + power button for 15 sec or so to perform a reboot everytime.
PS: I play eSports (PUBGM) and currently a tournament is going on (PMIS). It has made life worse 😞

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@SushaNt_ROG Okay, I'm sending you instructions via PM on how to log your phone.

SushaNt_ROG
Star I
@Gustav_ASUS I can't post the link of log of G-drive here. It won't allow me to paste it here. Where can I send you this?