This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBGM High Ping on WIFI

akashvarshney00
Star III
Wifi details - Jio fiber 250 MBPS connection.
I have been having this issue from the past couple of months where I am getting a constant High ping of about 160 ms on my wifi, I have noticed this issue with my phone alone as other devices are getting regular 50 ms. When I switch to mobile data during the match I get considerably better ping approx 60 ms which is what I should get on wifi. The thing about mobile data is it's not constant so I get spikes of ping in between which makes gameplay during close combat very difficult.
I tried changing modem but with no success.
I have recorded a video of the same and attached the same, kindly let me know how to resolve this issue.

34 REPLIES 34

akashvarshney00
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@akashvarshney005 As a first step, try resetting by going to:

Settings -> System -> Reset options -> Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Also, when you say other devices, are you talking about other phones running PUBGM?

View post
I tried your recommendation but it did not help. I did the reset but did not work. Same ping issues.
I did a re installation of pubg still did not work.
I am now unsure as to why this is happening and what should I do to resolve this.
Also my left air trigger does not work properly it remain pressed and you would not be able to bring it back until you switch them off or restart your device.
I am attaching another video which I took after resetting network.

akashvarshney00
Star III
Shivam Dahiya

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/31228/pubgm-high-ping-on-wifi

I suggest you to switch off and turn it back on once you enter the game before landing , works for me tho. Btw I'm too having Jio Fiber Wifi 100 Mbps plan for this month and my ping is around 20-28 . Hope it works for you

View post
It does not work for me, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting but still the same, I have dual band router and switching to either one during the match gives me same ping. Disconnecting and reconnecting again should not be a solution to this problem.

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Yep mine is Hathway broadband 70mbps and I am getting around 160ms to 448 ms ping comfortably on Rog 2 while my sister's OnePlus 5t is getting around 20ms to 30ms.it's been 8 months since I bought this phone and I've never used my wifi to play pubg,instead I recharge my mobile data every month specifically for playing pubg.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Do you guys have Bluetooth on while playing?

mandalkunal5555
Rising Star II
ronald1985

Do you guys have Bluetooth on while playing?

View post
Yes......