This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenBook Flip UX461FA Un-responsive on Boot

Hifni
Star I
System: Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.329)
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX461FA
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I noticed lately that if I boot my laptop after a Shutdown on the previous day it just gets stuck on Manufacturer's Boot screen; In my case I have ASUS ZenBook and my device does not go any where else other than being freeze in the Screen where it shows Manufacturer's Logo; This happened at randomly but not frequently. To overcome this, I have to forcefully shutdown the device by holding on to the Power button for few seconds and switching back it again. I have noticed on the 2nd try it boots, but I see a loading circle unlike in my first attempt before I was able to see the username and password screen.
Steps I taken recently were, Upgrading to BIOS 302. I felt after this installation, this issue happened quite regularly. I even noticed after the BIOS upgrade, the system shuts it down if the device is left on Sleep for a substantial time.

5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Hifni,
Please refer to the FAQ below.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix frozen ASUS / ROG logo screen | Official Support | ASUS Glob...and let me know if there is any error message that we can try to find out what went wrong,
also, please kindly rollback to 1909.
Thank you.

Hifni
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello Hifni,

Please refer to the FAQ below.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042613/

and let me know if there is any error message that we can try to find out what went wrong,

also, please kindly rollback to 1909.

Thank you.

View post
Thank You @Blake_ASUS. I have updated to BIOS version 303. Let me review it and respond with you the outcomes

graham_betts
Star I
I have exactly the same issue. I have even tried reinstalling windows. This appears to fix it for a while and then the problem starts up again.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @graham.betts ,
Which model do you have?
Have you followed the above FAQ ?
Thank you.