Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming update features for 6z | July 2020 onwards

Bhasky
Rising Star II
Hello team,
What we can expect in next update ?
is it possible to give some jist / hint on features / resolutions to known issues that you are about to roll out in upcoming update for 6z ?
or will it be straight to 11 with all bugs fixes and new features packed within ?
16 REPLIES 16

chaithanya_gcha
Rising Star I
Bhasky

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/93262#Comment_93262

betrayal by ASUS

View post
I kind of feel that way regarding updates.
All they are providing is security patches only with no additional features in updates and on top of that they started to ignore providing them too without any information.
I am starting to feel like I made a wrong decision purchasing 6z mobile.

Monark
Zen Master I
chaithanya.gchaithanya.g

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/93265#Comment_93265

I kind of feel that way regarding updates.

All they are providing is security patches only with no additional features in updates and on top of that they started to ignore providing them too without any information.

I am starting to feel like I made a wrong decision purchasing 6z mobile.

View post
Yeah man totally agree with that. In few days this thread is going to go down. As usual we will not get any answer.

Bhasky
Rising Star II
Such a poor business they do
Launch a model , glorify it to the core
Remain silent for all the issues that arises, (Not blaming everyone though, just to the concerned)
patch one or two , throw an update to AIR lol, OTA and forget the rest.
Release without prior thorough test (100% they do this) on top of that, they say we get feedbacks from our customers to give them so forum help us in giving them an incredible experience ,
So customer's devices are their target !
Then repeat the story from all over again
* Not to be little the efforts of developers out there, but kindly pass this message to your head
We would have not bought any of the ASUS devices but only because of the uniqueness from all other shitty brands out there , and do remember smartphone is not just a device , don't make it a stupidphone 🙏

(User of Zenfone 5 A501CG, MAX PRO M1, ROG Zephyrus GA502DU and 6z)

ColorSage
Zen Master I
It seems we'll share the same fate as older asus users. I've been asking about features like launching app via Smart Button for a year and they actually said it's a good idea but hard to implement even though it's not by any means. There's activity logged on every button click and I don't believe it's too much work for any developer with at least decent programming/StackOverflow knowledge. Almost like they can't add any feature because company policy or so. We had some feature updates within 2019 and then the end of the story. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the phone especially as I'm root user however I won't upgrade to the upcoming Zenfone 7 because there are brands which are much more active in terms of software development.

Whatever
Rising Star I
So how about your crappy dual app asus? Are you gonna fix it? No? Can the moderator answer my question
I got the feeling that asus gonna abandoned Z6 after Z7 come out