This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX310U doesn't see HDD: BIOS problem?

maurizio_vacca
Star II
A friend of mine brought me his laptop.
The model is Zenbook UX310U (it is what I read on the label) with i5-7200U, Geforce 940MX, 8Gb RAM, SSD.
The laptop can no longer start the OS.
In fact, at power on, the notebook enters directly into the BIOS where no HDD is recognized (all SATA ports are empty).
However, if I boot a Linux distro from USB, it starts and can read the hard disk on which Windows is installed (so the SSD seems not "broken").
Seems like I have to reset the BIOS, but I don't know how to do it.
I don't even know how to update the actual BIOS (currently in version 311).
I can't find the exact model name: is it UX310UA and UX310UQ?
Also when I enter the BIOS, the EZ Flash Utility 3 option is disabled.
Can anyone help me?
6 REPLIES 6

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello maurizio,
Your model is UX310UQ
Please kindly use WinFlash to update BIOS
Update BIOS - How to use Winflash to update the BIOS version in Windows system? | Official Support |...ASUS Zenbook UX310UQ Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS GlobalAlso, how does your BIOS looks like anyway?
if it doesn't look link EZ flash 3, then at least there is still something, like EZ flash 2?
Update BIOS - How to use EZ Flash to update the Notebook BIOS version? | Official Support | ASUS Glo...or you can;t get in to BIOS either?
Thank you.

maurizio_vacca
Star II
Thank you for answers! Sorry for the delay in my reply.
After other tests, I managed to reuse the laptop.
Some clarifications (maybe it can be useful to someone).
1) I think that the bios reports many disabled items because partly blocked by some technician: the laptop was initially used in a company and perhaps for this reason some bios features have been disabled. These are assumptions, since the laptop is not mine and I received it like this.
2) The 2.5" SSD disk of which I spoke in my previous post was not recognized because I had not reassembled the bay correctly: the fact is that the communication contacts seem only "resting" on the motherboard. My first attempt to mount the bay was slightly crooked and the connection with the motherboard did not take place. After disassembling and reassembling the bay correctly, the disk was recognized correctly and I was able to install the operating system again.
Thanks anyway for the support received.