cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pokémon GO High CPU usage

Andrea
Star III
Hi everyone,
I would like to talk about an issue I'm facing after one of the latest updates of the ROG Phone 2. I noticed that after installing May update (the one that bring us the Android April patches) something strange happens with Pokémon GO: when opening it, it works fine and has a normal cpu usage, but after switching to other applications like WhatsApp or whatever and then going back to Pokémon GO, the CPU usage is stuck to high values. I noticed this from the left armory crate menu. To get it work again to normal CPU usage, I have to close the game and restart it again. But then, if I do again some multitasking, I face the same issue. After May update we received another update on June but the issue is still here. Can anyone help me? Has anyone else faced this issue?
Thanks,
Andrea
8 REPLIES 8

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Andrea Can you make a screen recording with real-time info enabled showing the issue in action?

Andrea
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@Andrea Can you make a screen recording with real-time info enabled showing the issue in action?

View post
Hi Gustav, the attached video is not exactly what you asked but it shows the numbers I'm seeing. I started recording it after I switched back from Facebook while I was is X Mode but I disabled it to show the real usage. If you still need else, just ask.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Andrea Let me send you a PM with instructions on how to log your device. (Envelope icon, top right corner.)
Edit: Can you see if it's fixed by setting the refresh rate to 60 Hz before starting the game?

Andrea
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@Andrea Let me send you a PM with instructions on how to log your device. (Envelope icon, top right corner.)

Edit: Can you see if it's fixed by setting the refresh rate to 60 Hz before starting the game?

View post
Hi Gustav,
Yes it happened also with 60 Hz. I'll try the log tool thing and share the output with you.