This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme lag when battery reaches 5%

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Games are pretty much unplayable because of how much my rog 2 will lag once the battery hits 5%. I assume this is because various processes are being rationed in order to streach the battery life. I'd prefer if this didn't happen and everything ran as normal until the battery completely died. I occasionally do battery calibrations and trying to completely drain the battery TAKES FOREVER when resources are being rationed and the device is super laggy. Is there anyway I can change this?
15 REPLIES 15

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
ronald1985

This is hardly an issue - simply charge your phone.

The device is resource intensive and you need the voltage to power the phone. The phone will probably shut down in the middle of what you're doing anyway.

Like I have mentioned in previous post, you can try turning off battery optimisation and adaptive battery and see if that helps your situation and if performance really matters, turn on 120hz and X-Mode.

View post
IT IS A ISSUE FOR ME. That's why I posted about it. I've already turned 120hz refresh and xmode on and guess what? Still lags horribly and takes forever for the battery to die. In case you didn't see in my original post I like to occasionally do battery calibrations. Can't do that if I "simply charge my phone" whenever it hits 5%. It's a minor issue yes but one I'd like solve regardless. For the reasons I've already stated

ronald1985
Community Legend I
kyleashcraft86

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92570#Comment_92570

IT IS A ISSUE FOR ME. That's why I posted about it. I've already turned 120hz refresh and xmode on and guess what? Still lags horribly and takes forever for the battery to die. In case you didn't see in my original post I like to occasionally do battery calibrations. Can't do that if I "simply charge my phone" whenever it hits 5%. It's a minor issue yes but one I'd like solve regardless. For the reasons I've already stated

View post
Well you didn't state that you had the settings on in your original post did you?
You will need to wait for the battery to die then if you have already tried what's been stated previously. I guess you can try playing on another game while you wait that feels less laggy.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
For me it's 3%, I have tried all the suggested hacks, none of them works.
You can however charge the phone while using and when it reaches 4% or 6% in your case, phone starts acting normally.
This is normal for all phones to conserve battery in the end, just Rog 2 lags little bit more. 3% or 5% try not letting go below 15%, battery will remain healthy for longer time.

Melqui
Zen Master I
Let battery discharge until 5% is very bad to battery!

monalac
Rising Star I
its at 3% for me.