This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

adityathorat99
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91926#Comment_91926

Of course you shouldn't downgrade, totally understand that. But not everyone is having this issue, so i think the problem is to know what is causing it first before it can be fixed. (i.e. i don't get this issue, but that's not helping you)

Therefore as per @Gustav_ASUS post, it was indicated to take your phone to service centre. It's on page 5 of this post.

View post
Cant you send me the log tool to find out the issue. Maximum people are getting this issue.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
adityathorat99

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91937#Comment_91937

Cant you send me the log tool to find out the issue. Maximum people are getting this issue.

View post
I don't have a log tool as I am just a normal user like everyone else here. The reason why people are being asked to visit a service centre so it can be checked out on the device itself.

rawandbakr82
Star I
I have the same problem help me please 😭

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Update for newcomers to this thread:
As explained before, many cases so far point towards hardware related issues. We advise you to visit a service center if you're frequently experiencing freeze/restart issues with your device.
We're aware that some countries still have lock-down rules in place due to the ongoing pandemic. If this applies to you, please contact your local service center as a first step.
Edit: I'm locking this thread so my reply does not get buried.