cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pokémon GO High CPU usage

Andrea
Star III
Hi everyone,
I would like to talk about an issue I'm facing after one of the latest updates of the ROG Phone 2. I noticed that after installing May update (the one that bring us the Android April patches) something strange happens with Pokémon GO: when opening it, it works fine and has a normal cpu usage, but after switching to other applications like WhatsApp or whatever and then going back to Pokémon GO, the CPU usage is stuck to high values. I noticed this from the left armory crate menu. To get it work again to normal CPU usage, I have to close the game and restart it again. But then, if I do again some multitasking, I face the same issue. After May update we received another update on June but the issue is still here. Can anyone help me? Has anyone else faced this issue?
Thanks,
Andrea
8 REPLIES 8

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Andrea Is this issue limited to Pokémon GO, or other games as well?

Andrea
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@Andrea Is this issue limited to Pokémon GO, or other games as well?

View post
Hi Gustav! I think is only related to Pokémon GO. I play also Dragon Ball Legends and does not have these spikes.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Andrea What numbers are you seeing by the way?
And to confirm, you're on the latest firmware update? (2004.9)

Andrea
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@Andrea What numbers are you seeing by the way?

And to confirm, you're on the latest firmware update? (2004.9)

View post
Hi Gustav, numbers above the 2 GHz, most of the time stuck at its max, 2.96 GHz.
Yes I confirm I'm at the latest, and as I said, the issue started with the previous update and is still present with this last one.