Yulius_Mai
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: 100.10.107.70_20200320
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Please help Camera not focus, just can take near area only
P51VQU20D8FN.jpg

J8FWYM3ZXMDI.jpg

170 REPLIES 170

andreasvlrn
Star I
shamed on you asus . cuh

Alwyn
Rising Star I
I got a call recently from my nearest service center, I said the issue about the camera and said about the suggestions given by the mods in this website. The final answer from them was that it's hardware issue. I asked about the cost of it and they said it's 3.5k it clearly makes sense that they knew such things would happen. I had replaced my display 6 months back and it broke again and I had paid 6k for the replacement. I asked about the current price for replacement and its still the same price! Why does it cost 6k to replace a screen for a 2year old phone? When I bought this it was 37k and they are selling it on Flipkart for 22k right now then why not the repair charges be reduced? Is this what a flagship smartphones owner has to go through? Such poor communication and such poor updates. It's better to buy some budget phone rather than asus.

The same issue is with my device, I informed to Asus they give some steps to follow but nothing resolved.
Very bad services.

arun_sharma5383
Star II
Asus are you listening a voice of consumer or not? Many users are struggling with camera issue and till date no statement. How is it possible that after FOTA many users facing same issue and now service center is saying it's hardware issue. I think we should start writing these in reviews to stop people buying Asus for their upcoming flagships devices. So later they should not feel cheated like us.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear friends,
For all the Zenfone 5Z camera could not focus users, issue appears after system update, please reply the info below and I will forward the information to the relevant department. Thank you.
=======================================================
1. Current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information
2. Which camera is blurry in SMMI test?
①Front Camera Capture Test ②Wide-angled Camera Capture Test ③Tele Camera Capture Test ④ Other, which?
3. Blurry pictures taken by issue camera, please note clearly about which camera to which picture