cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone use wrong band.

Cenimm
Rising Star I
screenshot-20200628-221528903.png

I done know why but this phone have trouble to use the best band on main sim sometimes and I need to restart the phone to get it to work like it should and it happens a lot...
Most times is when someone calls and it shut the network down and 3 out of 10 times I need to restart the phone to get it to use band 20 again... Or wait 30min or more.
4 REPLIES 4

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Cenimm

I done know why but this phone have trouble to use the best band on main sim sometimes and I need to restart the phone to get it to work like it should and it happens a lot...

Most times is when someone calls and it shut the network down and 3 out of 10 times I need to restart the phone to get it to use band 20 again... Or wait 30min or more.

Phone use wrong band.
Do you get the same issue when you switch Sim 2 to Sim 1 Tray and that Sim 2 in Sim 1 Tray will now get the band issue?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Cenimm

Phone use wrong band.
This is controlled by the cell tower, not the device. It's a combination of the device reception on different bands and the tower ofc. The cell tower thinks the signal will be better on this other band and forces the device to switch. The only thing we could do is to fool the tower not to switch but then there will be other scenarios when it really needs to switch or you won't have any signal at all, so unfortunately this is not really an option.

Cenimm
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/31174/phone-use-wrong-band

This is controlled by the cell tower, not the device. It's a combination of the device reception on different bands and the tower ofc. The cell tower thinks the signal will be better on this other band and forces the device to switch. The only thing we could do is to fool the tower not to switch but then there will be other scenarios when it really needs to switch or you won't have any signal at all, so unfortunately this is not really an option.

View post
So the tower tell the phone to use a dead band on main and tells the second Sim to use the one that's best? Fells weird... Never happen on any other phone but Okey.

Cenimm
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/31174/phone-use-wrong-band

View post
Can also say that it never happens on android 9.