This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twinview dock forces reboot loop after phone update

erlan_jo
Star I
I've been using my twinview dock fine for months, but after the last phone sw update (details in attached image) connecting the twinview dock will cause the phone to reboot and force it into a reboot loop that only stops after the dock is disconnected. Putting the phone in the dock doesn't seem to do anything, it's when I flip the switch om the back of the dock that the reboot loop starts. I don't know what to do (other than not use the dock and hope a patch fixes this), it's not like I can try upgrading the dock FW or anything...
screenshot-20200619-161736370.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Cenimm
Rising Star I
Cenimm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92062#Comment_92062

I don't know easy way to take screenshot but I think it's not built to use other launchers now.. I use Microsoft launcher and it worked before latest update.

View post
First is the twinview screen and its bottoms is wrong, no background, it swipes to left all the time and pressing home open apps list.. And everything is just wierd.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Cenimm

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92062#Comment_92062

I don't know easy way to take screenshot but I think it's not built to use other launchers now.. I use Microsoft launcher and it worked before latest update.

View post
If you slide down the notification panel (to where you change the display brightness using the slider/where you turn off wifi/turn on bluetooth), one of the option is Screenshot. Hit that button and it will count down from 3 to take the screenshot.
Otherwise, if you have the Classic navigation bar like I do (where you have 3 buttons), I simply tap the left button twice to take screenshot.

Cenimm
Rising Star I
screenshot-20200628-222353182.png
screenshot-20200628-222341009.png
screenshot-20200628-215846495.png
screenshot-20200628-215837486.png
Everything gets wierd when I use twinview..
This is when I disconnect it.

Update: phone needs to restart to reset everything back to normal. Photos on the top is how it is normal