rajeshdigal99
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After the recent feb FOTA security update my charging has completely stopped working, the only way i can charge my phone is if i switch it off and even that takes ages and even after full charge, the battery starts draining out without even using the phone, at this point my phone has become completely unusable, im kicking myself for buying this phone.
3 REPLIES 3

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
rajeshdigal99

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

After the recent feb FOTA security update my charging has completely stopped working, the only way i can charge my phone is if i switch it off and even that takes ages and even after full charge, the battery starts draining out without even using the phone, at this point my phone has become completely unusable, im kicking myself for buying this phone.

Asus Zenfone Max pro M2 battery stopped charging completely
To be sure about the issue you are facing, try changing the plug point and use a different switch board to plug in the charging adapter and check. Also try with a different charging cable if you have any. Many times, simply changing the charging cable wirh a different one, fixes this kind of issue. If the still keeps happening, then you would have to visit service center. Its hard to hear but that would be the only way if the above mentioned steps don't work for you.

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we’d request you to follow these below steps to resolve the charging issue you’ve been facing.
1.      Try using another charger to charge the device and see if the device is charging normally.
2.      Use your original charger to charge another device and see if there are any abnormalities in charging the other device.
3.      If there is no problem with the charger, check for the latest firmware version. Click here: https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/Zenfone-Max-Pro-M2-ZB630KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/
4. If the problem still persists take a full backup of the device and perform a factory reset.
5.      If the problem persists even after the factory reset, we’d suggest you visit the nearest service centre for further assistance. Locate service centre here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

davidmurphy
Star I
I'm having the same issue with the same model of phone, it's not the charger as it happens with a chargers i try. Anyone find a software solution to this yet. Zenfone Max pro 2, Battery not fully charging. Stops on about 80%,no matter how long I leave it in. Just started happening this week