This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme lag when battery reaches 5%

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Games are pretty much unplayable because of how much my rog 2 will lag once the battery hits 5%. I assume this is because various processes are being rationed in order to streach the battery life. I'd prefer if this didn't happen and everything ran as normal until the battery completely died. I occasionally do battery calibrations and trying to completely drain the battery TAKES FOREVER when resources are being rationed and the device is super laggy. Is there anyway I can change this?
15 REPLIES 15

Melqui
Zen Master I
To prevent unexpected shutdowns.

yosef019
Rising Star II
kyleashcraft86

Games are pretty much unplayable because of how much my rog 2 will lag once the battery hits 5%. I assume this is because various processes are being rationed in order to streach the battery life. I'd prefer if this didn't happen and everything ran as normal until the battery completely died. I occasionally do battery calibrations and trying to completely drain the battery TAKES FOREVER when resources are being rationed and the device is super laggy. Is there anyway I can change this?

Extreme lag when battery reaches 5%
i have only lag at 1% just before shutting off messege

Sourabh
Rising Star I
I have already posted about the same...i my case its at 3%.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
This is hardly an issue - simply charge your phone.
The device is resource intensive and you need the voltage to power the phone. The phone will probably shut down in the middle of what you're doing anyway.
Like I have mentioned in previous post, you can try turning off battery optimisation and adaptive battery and see if that helps your situation and if performance really matters, turn on 120hz and X-Mode.

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
I can confirm this issue, when the battery is low, even if I put it on charging, there is huge lag.