cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues that needs fix

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
1. Auto rotation sometimes doesn't work
2. Front camera opens directly when you get video call becomes an issue if in pocket
3. when in call you cannot go to any other screen. screen stays locked on call screen. 
4. Auto brightness sometimes doesn't work
5. Free ram is around 1gb which does not look good i have honor 10 with 6gb ram and always get 2.5gb free ram. i don't think optiflex is problem because i already have it off.
6. Low light camera is not up to the mark when compared with other camera with same specs
7 Slow motion 480fps looks below average and are we getting 960fps considering the chip it has. 
8. Struggles with with focus when taking macro shots whereas other phones with same lens can handle it much better. 
9. There is no option to have multiple users profile. 
10. Option to change clock position. 
11. Battery life could be better its great though. 
12. Camera gets foggy sometimes automatically due to moisture i guess and it happens from inside the lens. 

these are few i experienced others can add if any so that asus can fix them. Ear piece lil better now but not sure if it will be updated any further. 
51 REPLIES 51

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
1. Auto rotation sometimes doesn't work
2. Front camera opens directly when you get video call becomes an issue if in pocket
3. when in call you cannot go to any other screen. screen stays locked on call screen. 
4. Auto brightness sometimes doesn't work
5. Free ram is around 1gb which does not look good i have honor 10 with 6gb ram and always get 2.5gb free ram. i don't think optiflex is problem because i already have it off.
6. Low light camera is not up to the mark when compared with other camera with same specs
7 Slow motion 480fps looks below average and are we getting 960fps considering the chip it has. 
8. Struggles with with focus when taking macro shots whereas other phones with same lens can handle it much better. 
9. There is no option to have multiple users profile. 
10. Option to change clock position. 
11. Battery life could be better its great though. 
12. Camera gets foggy sometimes automatically due to moisture i guess and it happens from inside the lens. 

these are few i experienced others can add if any so that asus can fix them. Ear piece lil better now but not sure if it will be updated any further. 
1. We know about this issue and it will be solved.
2. in what app? It doesn't happen with messenger and many other IM apps. Even if it tries to open or close, it will automatically shut down without taking damage but I agree, it would be best if it didn't flip in/out at all.
3. This works without problem with my Zenfone 6. If you mean before you have answered, then this is normal Android Pie behavior. We're running close to stock Android.
4. Your adaptive brightness will learn with time. Just keep adjusting the brightness whenever it's wrong.
5. It's no issue to have 1gb free in android. It doesn't mean that you won't have enough ram when it needs it. If you wan't to see a larger amout of available RAM, then you can go into Auto-start manager in the Powermaster app and turn it off and on again. This will temp clear your ram.
6. Which camera are you comparing with? We're improving the camera with every update and I would say we're already on par with similar priced phones with the same camera sensor and in some scenarios, even better.
7. We're working on improving the sharpness with 480fps. I can't disclose anything future plans regarding 960fps
8. What other phones are using the exact same lens? All lenses are different with different characteristics. A tip is to keep it at a distance where you can focus and then zoom. With good lighting it will use its 48mp capability to make that shot as crisp as with a macro lens. Use a 2s timer to reduce shake during capture
9. I have to check why we made this decision.
10. This is a change from Android Pie but I've sent the feedback to our SW developers.
11. Haha, battery life can always get better
12. I tried to get the lenses on my Zenfone 6 to fog up by blowing humid breath into one of the holes in the camera module but they stayed clear. This is the first time I've heard about this issue.
Thanks for the response. Really appreciated. Please find further comments.
1. Sorted
2. In whatsapp this has happened many times and my only concern is this will affect camera module if kept on flat surface. Request you to fwd the concern further.
3. Yes before answering the call. I know its by default PIE behavior but can we make it work given sometimes you don't want to pick the call but still need access to other apps. You know there are times 😛
4. Sorted
5. Looks ok now.
6. Oneplus 7 is the main contender for Asus 6Z. i know software implementation is different on both but i feel 6z could do much better.
7. Sorted. 960FPS should be provided looking at the capability of Processor.
8. Ok but macro means i should able to get closer although its not a macro lens but i am able to do much better with my other phone. If i am going to keep at a distance i will miss on details and zoom doesn't help either. I just hope you get some optimization done so its able to focus with best of its capability.
9. This is a default feature since marshmallow i guess. Please get it back.
10. ok
11. Hope it gets with software update.
12. Although i missed taking photo of the same but here is the video from youtube  reporting the same. It goes away after 10mins but it will ruin the video experience.
https://youtu.be/o9LXTaFs300
13. Can we have Level 3 support for Camera2API?
14. Earpiece is better now not the best. Is it going to get better?
15.  Animation issue in file manager.
https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/editor/fd/vmgllj31cevb.jpg
16. Screen flickering issue experience last night. I tried recording it but it did not captured flickering.
Thanks again for the response its a great phone and we want it to be the best in its segment.
2. this shouldn't happen. The near field sensor prevents the camera from flipping out.
3. I understand your feedback and I will forward it. I can't promise software team will do anything but at least they will know that someone wants this.
6. don't worry, our goal is to outperform them 😉
7. The sensor doesn't support 960fps. All manufacturers that do 960fps with this sensor are doing it via software (kind of cheating and not genuine 960fps) and you can do this yourself with 3rd party software. 
8. this can't be solved by software. You can't get closer because of the lens. The tip I gave you is the best way to get a macro-like photo.
9. The info I got is that we decided to remove it many generations ago. The reason is that multiple users has a lot of issues with performance and bugs. Instead, we have Twin Apps which lets you have two accounts for the same app and AppLock which lets you lock your private apps. I´ve made a tutorial on how to use it here https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/7807/how-do-i-use-the-applock-feature/p1?new=1
12. ok, there are a few reports from warm countries with a lot of humidity in combination with fast changes in temperature. Like when you come from inside where it's 24 degrees and you go outside where it's very humid and 34 degrees. Then it can fog upp for a while just like glasses can fog for a while. It doesn't damage the camera and it's just a temporary thing. Because the camera is in a metal housing, it is a little more sensitive to these temperature changes.
13. The reply from our camera team is that Full support is enough for  3rd party apps to offer full functionality. Level 3 features are more nice than "need to have"
14. I can't promise anything but we're looking into how we can improve.
15. looks fine on my device in night mode. Are you on the latest version?
16. It would be great if you can capture it so I know if it's just your screen of if it could be a software issue.

2. The sensor does not work for the 1st ringtone. it tries to open and when unsuccessful it stops trying. However camera module does not goes into flat position unless opened and then closed again. The sensor should work so that it does  not think of opening but it tries open 1st time after getting a video call. Please check on our device as well.
3. There are many user saying the same thing so if you could push for the same.
6. Lets wait for the update to improve.
7. Even if it is software based it looks so nice i think asus should get it and not sure how is it cheating? there are many things where hardware support is not there but implemented through software for e.g. google camera you know its all about the software i dont think so they are cheating. Also improve 480FPS it looks pathetic. I guess you will agree :P.
8. Not sure how oneplus 7 is able to do so. Still request you to check.
9. If there is a bug or performance issue you don't remove the feature; you work on it and make it better. Are you going to remove other features as well if they are buggy?
12. While i understand the things that can happen due sudden temperature change but this is not due sudden temperature change. I am in the same place where i am from last few hours. Also if you could see the video from youtube i posted the guy is in outdoor environment for a long time there is not much change in the temperature.
13. Why not provide if it is possible? Why restrain?. Well everyone is providing what is required but what extra you provide that matters though we are not even asking for the extra. we are just asking what others are already offering.
14. You really gotta think about this one. Its a major issue else you may loose on customers after doing such a great innovation.
15. I am on the latest update here is the video i shot see wherever i touch at the place i get the black bar.

16. I will try to when next time i get the issue
17. in the pro mode EV/ISO/Shutter speed gets reset if one of the other is adjusted. here is the video. 

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
If anyone gets dust inside their camera, please send me some pictures. I'm not worried about fog but dust shouldn't be able to get in.
nobody is complaining about the dust i guess but the fog

Kamesh
Star III
If anyone gets dust inside their camera, please send me some pictures. I'm not worried about fog but dust shouldn't be able to get in.
nobody is complaining about the dust i guess but the fog
I have dust inside it very fine 2-4 particles let me see if i my DSLR can capture then i will upload it

dasrotegrauen
Star II
Ich hätte gerne in der Galerie Markierungsfunktionen wie bei Xiaomi. Also Pfeile, Rahmen, Kreise...
Diese nutze ich häufig bei Screenshots um Texte zu markieren oder auch auf Bildern einen Hinweis zu setzen.
Thank you

My language is German, only the one that i can

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Ich hätte gerne in der Galerie Markierungsfunktionen wie bei Xiaomi. Also Pfeile, Rahmen, Kreise...
Diese nutze ich häufig bei Screenshots um Texte zu markieren oder auch auf Bildern einen Hinweis zu setzen.
Thank you

My language is German, only the one that i can
Mit der Zeichenfunktion können Pfeile, Kreise und Ränder animiert werden.Wenn Sie den Screenshot markieren müssen, können Sie die Zeichenfunktion verwenden.