This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus why is this ON? Is Asus spying me?!

jyun88
Rising Star II
screenshot-20200626-143637223.jpg
I remember i turn this OFF before but it pops out again after so many hundreds of hours.
What and why it runs on background without user knowing????!!!
21 REPLIES 21

ronald1985
Community Legend I
jyun88

I wonder what will Asus do about this.. why no Asus respond about this? Is this a bug or intentional ?

View post
It's not a bug at all. It's how Android works. ASUS is niche with the gaming phone and they may have a screen recorder especially for Game Genie. As Game Genie is a system app, these will automatlcally load in the background.
By the way, screen recorder is a feature of Android 10, so it would be on all devices running Android 10.
Are you not afraid of Google as it is constantly gathering information about us?

jyun88
Rising Star II

ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92237#Comment_92237

It's not a bug at all. It's how Android works. ASUS is niche with the gaming phone and they may have a screen recorder especially for Game Genie. As Game Genie is a system app, these will automatlcally load in the background.

By the way, screen recorder is a feature of Android 10, so it would be on all devices running Android 10.

Are you not afraid of Google as it is constantly gathering information about us?

View post
Yes i do. Thats why I'm asking Asus about this but seems non Asus representative willing to reply me here.
Question: Ain't you worry Screen Recorder records your banking details and password?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
jyun88

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92346#Comment_92346

Yes i do. Thats why I'm asking Asus about this but seems non Asus representative willing to reply me here.

Question: Ain't you worry Screen Recorder records your banking details and password?

View post
I don't know if the question was for me, but i did say I don't do banking on mobile.
Give ASUS a chance to reply, I guess they are busy and I'm sure they will reply.

nidhin3
Zen Master I

jyun88
Rising Star II
nidhin3

@cael.gfilho @Kris_ASUS @CH_ASUS

View post
Thank you. I don't know which Asus member to tag. Thank you