This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One mic is not working properly after last update

Since last update, i am having some problem in one mic (bottom one) of my asus zenfone 6z.

When i talk to anyone on call via headset speaker, other person can't hear anything because mic don't work here
If i put my phone on speaker mode or conect a wired or wireless earphone, then i can talk to anyone via call.
I still don't know why it don't work when i use it for call on headset mode but it works on speaker mode.

Also, when i am recording video, audio is only recording in left side.
On right side, it is creating a buzzy type sound in video.

I have tried many camera apps to see if its application fault but it doesn't work with any app.

Any solution for this problem ?
3 REPLIES 3

Monark
Zen Master I
It sometimes happens to me also just restart the phone and then check it is working or not by putting .12345+= in calculator to open the test then select single test --> search for boardmic and boardmic 2 test --> test both the mic.
If it works after restart and taking the test then you have no hardware problem. otherwise if it is not working after many restarts and testing then you have to take your handset to service center.
Hope it helps👍

Hello,
Thanks for your information.
I have done this test and this is the result.
Board mic 1 is having some problem and is creating a wierd sound whenever it is used to record..
I have attached a file to see result.

Is it a software fault or hardware fault because this thing started to happen after last update (may update) ?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
himanshuratheemusic

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/3JJBR1U57UGQ/2020-06-28-19-52-09.mp4

Hello,

Thanks for your information.

I have done this test and this is the result.

Board mic 1 is having some problem and is creating a wierd sound whenever it is used to record..

I have attached a file to see result.

Is it a software fault or hardware fault because this thing started to happen after last update (may update) ?

View post
Backup all your data
Do a factory reset
If that didn't help, then downgrade to Android P https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS630KL/UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-18.1220.1909.194-1.1.1-user.zi...
If it works, then upgrade to latest FW again. Hopefully it's still working
If downgrading didn't help, then you have a hardware issue and you need to contact ASUS Service Center