This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook Pro Duo loose trackpad and grainy screen?

prototype1981
Star I
System: Zenbook Pro Duo UX581GV
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence: Constant
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video: not allowed to post
========================
Detailed description:

Just got the Pro Duo and it's lovely, albeit hefty.
However there are two things which immediately annoy me. 
Touchpad - position etc is fine, but the pad feels loose towards the bottom. It has gotten to be really annoying in the past 24 hours when scrolling and double tapping etc. Is this normal?
Also the grainy screen - I thought this was just something to expect but on Amazon, ASUS have left a comment on one user's review specifically about the grain:
"Sorry for the issue on your unit(s), however, our records show we have now rectified the issue and we hope you enjoy the ZenBook Pro Duo. If you do experience any further issues, please contact our ASUS support who will happy can assist you further."
So it makes me think that the issue should not be there. 
Any Pro Duo users out there please can you help. 
Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

prototype1981
Star I
Here is the video. It's hard to get the issue on video. Please see the below video too.

Liviu
Rising Star II
The grainy screen is hardware, you cannot fix it. What you see is the touchscreen mesh. You must deal with it in this regard.
The other issue is unusual, mine feels robust, but I didn't use it too often, as I use a mouse.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Looking at your video, it doesn't look that bad. It seems normal. At the bottom is where the "springs" are for the clicks.

prototype1981
Star I
Thanks for your reply.
It's hard to get the touchpad issue on video, but I find it really annoying. Coming from a Surface Book 2, it had no springy movement on the trackpad at all. My previous Envy had no spring either. The issue when using it is you can constantly feel it moving when you are using the touchpad.
With the grain, Asus seemed to confirm that it was an issue to a user posting an Amazon review. So that is a little strange.