Screenpad dosent work after format

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GD
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
========================
Detailed description:
I have recently formatted the computer and after installing windows I cannot make the screenpad work.
I have tried to install the provided drivers but I have not been able to install.
20 REPLIES 20

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello mimilazarevic1992,
I'm really sorry about this.
Factory OS is only provided in service center.
Thank you.

tricko1000
Star I
I have the exact same issue as mimilazarevic1992, and also wish to voice my displeasure at ASUS.
I have a 14 UX480F, and have had to reinstall windows, using a bootable USB from Microsoft. Now my screenpad functionality (which was v2.0 prior to the windows reinstall) is lost. I too cannot (for reason of needing my laptop for work) send it back for factory windows reinstallation.
Just ridiculous ASUS, sort it out. Would be very easy to remove the restriction on the Screenpad Hotfix to allow on fresh Windows installations.

mimilazarevic19
Star II
I reached out to customer service, gave them my information, they said they would send me an email which never happened. Problem is still not resolved and screenpad is still not working. It indeed is just silly to send 2000 euro laptop to the customer service only for windows reinstall also they asked for my warranty, which I still have, my question is what after my warranty expires next year, will I forever be stuck with the same factory OS without possibility for fresh reinstall??

umuttimurcin
Star I
Exactly I have had same problem since February. They never fix this problem at all. They always ask ridiculous question like bios model, are you sure that you install the windows properly etc. I would never ever recommend this company. You pay 2000 euro for this computer but They don't take you problems seriously. I wish I could sell my laptop as a second hands. I'm looking forward getting rid of this computer and computer service!!!!!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello trickp1000, mimilazarevic1992,& umuttimurcin,
I'm really sorry that to maintain the stable performance of screenpad 1.0,
it is designed to use factory OS only.
Your opinion has been reported and also added into the products afterwards.
Thank you so much for your feedback.