This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme lag when battery reaches 5%

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Games are pretty much unplayable because of how much my rog 2 will lag once the battery hits 5%. I assume this is because various processes are being rationed in order to streach the battery life. I'd prefer if this didn't happen and everything ran as normal until the battery completely died. I occasionally do battery calibrations and trying to completely drain the battery TAKES FOREVER when resources are being rationed and the device is super laggy. Is there anyway I can change this?
15 REPLIES 15

ronald1985
Community Legend I
kyleashcraft86

Games are pretty much unplayable because of how much my rog 2 will lag once the battery hits 5%. I assume this is because various processes are being rationed in order to streach the battery life. I'd prefer if this didn't happen and everything ran as normal until the battery completely died. I occasionally do battery calibrations and trying to completely drain the battery TAKES FOREVER when resources are being rationed and the device is super laggy. Is there anyway I can change this?

I guess you can try turning off battery optimisation and adaptive battery and see if that helps your situation.

pavannfs
Star III
kyleashcraft86

I have experienced the same

Ankesh
Star III
kyleashcraft86

Same thing happening.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
My red magic Mars did the exact same thing. So it's not a problem unique to the rog. I've yet to try but I was thinking of turning battery optimization off the armory crate and call of duty mobile. As well as switching off adaptive battery and seeing if that makes any difference. Has anyone tried this? Or have a solution that doesn't involve root?