This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-C Bottom port issue

I could not use my bottom USB-C port. A random pop up message asked me which port to prioritize. I rarely use my bottom port so I selected "using the middle port as priority". After that, I could not use my bottom port unless I turn off my phone then charge it then turn it on again, or I am in safe mode.
I couldn't find in the setting the pop up message. I wanted revert it back to its original setting. Please help. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've had a couple of users reporting similar behaviour. Not mentioning anything about a pop up but they too experience that it works if you restart the device with the cable connected. Everything in their logs that were sent to us, indicated hardware issue so best thing for you is to contact your local support and ask for repair.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ISeeDeadPeople

I could not use my bottom USB-C port. A random pop up message asked me which port to prioritize. I rarely use my bottom port so I selected "using the middle port as priority". After that, I could not use my bottom port unless I turn off my phone then charge it then turn it on again, or I am in safe mode.

I couldn't find in the setting the pop up message. I wanted revert it back to its original setting. Please help. Thanks

USB-C Bottom port issue
I have never hear about this. Sounds very strange. Can you please record your device while plugging in and out on both ports so I can see what happens?

Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29164/usb-c-bottom-port-issue

I have never hear about this. Sounds very strange. Can you please record your device while plugging in and out on both ports so I can see what happens?

View post
Thank you for responding. Sure I'll be posting it here

Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/29164/usb-c-bottom-port-issue

View post
Thank you for responding

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've had a couple of users reporting similar behaviour. Not mentioning anything about a pop up but they too experience that it works if you restart the device with the cable connected. Everything in their logs that were sent to us, indicated hardware issue so best thing for you is to contact your local support and ask for repair.