This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping of Refresh rate Rog 2

Sourabh
Rising Star I
Hi...my phone is set on 90hz refresh rate.. but when i enter into settings or any app... Refresh rate drops down , may be less than 60hz , coz it feels very laggy...but after i restart my phone , again everything is buttery smooth... This happened 3- 4 times now, after the latest update. Please help.
31 REPLIES 31

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Sourabh

Hi...my phone is set on 90hz refresh rate.. but when i enter into settings or any app... Refresh rate drops down , may be less than 60hz , coz it feels very laggy...but after i restart my phone , again everything is buttery smooth... This happened 3- 4 times now, after the latest update. Please help.

Dropping of Refresh rate Rog 2

I experienced this on previous firmware but not on this latest firmware. The other change I did prior to the latest firmware upgrade was to increase the screen Dpi as I was on 411 and now it is 432. It's probably unlikely the Dpi change affected it.
Refresh rate and frame rate are two different things. If you are getting frame drops, the device and the connection are not keeping up with each other so you are dropping frames to make up what frames have been loss. If you're having to restart and it is smoother, regular memory clean up should help and don't use extra apps on top for example third party launchers. Launchers (including stock launchers) and icon packs for decorative purpose takes up memory.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Sourabh We're tacking a similar case and you could help us out with a device log. If you're up for it, I can send you instructions via PM.

Sourabh
Rising Star I
@Gustav_ASUS Ok, sure

griswaalt
Star II
Same issue for me too for e.g. while transitioning between screens or scrolling. If I scroll this very page with a gentle flick in Chrome, there's a visible stutter even if my display is at 120Hz. A reboot fixes this for sometime but the issue reappears in a day or two. Would appreciate a fix for this.
In fact today morning, swiping across my home screen was literally like a slide show. The launcher then crashed and restarted and it was fine. Not sure what's going on. I'm on the latest A10 stable update and have an ultimate edition phone.