This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow charging *in depth explanation* - .144 Update

off2fly115
Rising Star II
I genuinely don't understand why my charging has become terribly slow. It's unbearable and I cannot stress enough how much it has screwed me over in the past week. I plug in my phone at 20% at 12am cause I work real late and wake up at 7am the next morning with a phone that is only at 70~85% charged. I only use my ORIGINAL charging cable and charging block that came with the phone. No, I do not have any apps running in the back either. My phone is very light running as I use it for work purposes and watching YouTube mostly so no games or anything. I also would like to clarify that my phone used to charge speedy quick before the update before .144. idk guys, the last 2 updates have killed the charging speed for me and idk what to say. It's kinda disappointing 😕 - Kindest Regards, Branden.
Below are 2 pics. 1st one showing that I do indeed use my original cable along with the original block. 2nd pic is to show what my battery percentage is like at 6:28am even though tonight in particular, I plugged it in at around 3am at 12% as I was doing late work. Charging is not like how it used to be... Please fix, Asus! I have been loving and using Asus products for years. Idk why the Zenfone 6 seems to have a new problem so often 😞
1G7Q61NZOE74.jpg

JMZFTWSH1SX2.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

justinleon2113
Star III
The battery icon should have two plus icons above it " + + " indicating 9-volt 2-amp charging (18W) if it is the original charger. I believe there may be a problem with either your cable or charger. This is my first impression. Try another charger capable of similar output.

ZT-9bfdec3b
Rising Star I
off2fly115

I genuinely don't understand why my charging has become terribly slow. It's unbearable and I cannot stress enough how much it has screwed me over in the past week. I plug in my phone at 20% at 12am cause I work real late and wake up at 7am the next morning with a phone that is only at 70~85% charged. I only use my ORIGINAL charging cable and charging block that came with the phone. No, I do not have any apps running in the back either. My phone is very light running as I use it for work purposes and watching YouTube mostly so no games or anything. I also would like to clarify that my phone used to charge speedy quick before the update before .144. idk guys, the last 2 updates have killed the charging speed for me and idk what to say. It's kinda disappointing 😕 - Kindest Regards, Branden.

Below are 2 pics. 1st one showing that I do indeed use my original cable along with the original block. 2nd pic is to show what my battery percentage is like at 6:28am even though tonight in particular, I plugged it in at around 3am at 12% as I was doing late work. Charging is not like how it used to be... Please fix, Asus! I have been loving and using Asus products for years. Idk why the Zenfone 6 seems to have a new problem so often 😞

1G7Q61NZOE74.jpg

JMZFTWSH1SX2.jpg

Slow charging *in depth explanation* - .144 Update
I think you should try another cable, from Samsung or any other branded phones charger.. I also had same issue but it is now solved when I used samsung cable..

Show charging bar .but no charge up

My phone is rog 1 .some few days ago I face a issue .when I connect charger they show charging connect and 1 sc later disconnect and again it.now 2 days show charging but no charge up.plz help I use Asus original charger cable .