Zenfone Max Pro M1 No Audio, Cant process Videos, Cant make or receive calls

kunalmandm
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
Firmware Version: 8.1.0
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Very Frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Process System isn't responding
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Good Evening,
I'm facing this issue since months and it is bugging me up. My phone freezes before making a call or when receiving one and reboots every single time. Also my phone can't play or process a single video, it just shows the template and the pause button.No audio as well. Tried with earphones, both wired and wireless. Except all this the phone works exceptionally well. It doesn't hang anywhere else. Works smoothly. Fingerprint and camera works. No video recording.
Only on google chrome's Youtube site, i can play videos, but without audio. Else where like FB, Whatsapp, Youtube app and Insta, only photos load up. Not even a single video.
I didn't drop it nor put it in water. I mean no physical Damages. Games like PUBG work flawlessly, just no audio.
I have tried upgrading, downgrading, full phone system wipe and reflash. It comes back to the same position. Gave it to the service centre, it came back today with no solution. Please guide me.
I,m attaching the bug report. Please look up into this.
14 REPLIES 14

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Microphone is low and no sim signal here.

Same problem.... while making whatsapp video call i can hear other person and he can't hear my voice... means my microphone not working properly....but in duo app its working fine...so with whatsapp only i hav a problem!

kunalmandm
Star I
Edit:
It seems that if I pull up any video through MX Player it starts playing, without audio though. The audio button shows audio track as disabled and doesn't allow me to change it to Track 1.
I believe, if am not wrong, my device is unable to process audio anywhere. Do you think any part of the motherboard is at fault and could it be tweaked for that??

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
kunalmandm

Edit:

It seems that if I pull up any video through MX Player it starts playing, without audio though. The audio button shows audio track as disabled and doesn't allow me to change it to Track 1.

I believe, if am not wrong, my device is unable to process audio anywhere. Do you think any part of the motherboard is at fault and could it be tweaked for that??

View post
Is this problem Appear's only in mx player or in all apps like youtube.

kunalmandm
Star I
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/92581#Comment_92581

Is this problem Appear's only in mx player or in all apps like youtube.

View post
Every app. In FB , YouTube and Whatsapp,they don't play at all. In insta they play sometimes without audio. Status don't play at all.
If I access YouTube through Google Chrome in desktop mode,videos start playing.
So basically any app that processes audio along with video isn't working. For eg: Whatsapp vidoes work if I play them via MX Player but no in the app.
Hence I can't place or receive calls too.
I guess MX player decodes audio seperately, so it plays videos well.