This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart again and again due to overheating

sanjaykrocks
Star II
From the past 1 week while playing PUBG for few minutes my phone starts to overheat and then it keeps restarting again and again. Tried factory resetting my phone and installed minimum applications but still problem continues.
23 REPLIES 23

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sanjaykrocks

@camarotechristian I know the reason is overheating for the shutdowns you are facing it's just that we can't this kind of performance from a gaming phone. If it has to be this way then the budget phones performs better than this rog phone 2 atleast they don't keep restarting when you charge or play games in there device.

View post
I play in a hot weather and I take a break in between just to allow the device to cool down. Most "hardcore gamers" will play for hours and that's probably the difference. This is where I think PC is better suited than a phone.
Budget phone or other phones that are not classed as gaming phone will get this similar issue. Only difference is when the weather is nice and cold, you won't be able to clock the device.
A question though, do you think other devices will monitor the temperatures of your phone? If they don't, what do you think will happen?

sanjaykrocks
Star II
I play PUBG with my friends and we all stay in same locality and rest of them have the budget phones all 1 or 2 years old phone still their phone can handle the heat and they play PUBG as long as I play with them. But from past 2 weeks I started facing this issue of overheating and phone reboots to save the damage.

Yes the real gaming experience can be experienced only on PC rather than a phone, but a gaming phone should be able to handle a game made for mobile platform.

Asus have managed to create a hype of gaming phone but failed to deliver as promised.

OPC
Zen Master II
I can play Asphalt 9 for 7, 8 hours straight. X-mode settings and AirCooler set to max. The phone heats up to 40-42 C very fast and it stays there for hours without any glitch or drop in performance. It charges fast at the same time. In these conditions my Note 8 would heat up like crazy and glitch the same. Every hour I would put it in a freezer at -7 C for 10 min. I also tried to play on Note 10 and S20 ultra. My Rog with Air Cooler heats less and plays better because it has better ergonomics.
So I can say that Rog 2 can perform as advertised. Why other users are having issues I have no idea. Is it just my pure luck or something else. I am always on latest update.

sanjaykrocks
Star II
@OPC if you would go through my previous posts you will see even I was also on latest update but started to get these issues and now the service center people have installed the previous version on my phone and have asked me to keep it this way only. With the aero cooler also the temperature reached till 52 degrees Celsius.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sanjaykrocks

@OPC if you would go through my previous posts you will see even I was also on latest update but started to get these issues and now the service center people have installed the previous version on my phone and have asked me to keep it this way only. With the aero cooler also the temperature reached till 52 degrees Celsius.

View post
Do you get the same issue on previous version?
Naturally you will need higher resource as you upgrade firmwares/games because it will eat more resource, generating more heat. But like you said, it has been advertised as a gaming phone, so naturally it would produce more heat. I guess what we need now is like a mini-air-conditioning unit attaching to the phone 🤣
On a serious note, it would be interesting to see how ROG 3 comes out as it doesn't look to be much ventilation. I change phones every 2 years, so i will give ROG 3 a skip and probably wait for ROG 4 or something.