This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient display functionality for AOD

Vamp
Zen Master I
Hi, AOD on ROG phone 2 only shows clock and date for now and it's just really annoying to open device everytime to see notification... Is it possible that the new notifications screen (marked below)
screenshot-20200625-094033392-1.jpg
Can be converted to AOD as it's basically same as pixels AOD and provides us a lot of information when compared to ROG's and very minimalistic looking... And as it's already have been there, it's not really a big of a task to make it always on or fade away after some time and when we lift device popping up again or if we take device out of pockets.
It's just a suggestion but it's nice to see if it implements.
3 REPLIES 3

Vamp
Zen Master I
Here's a shot of that screen
img-20200625-095907.jpg
img-20200625-095616.jpg
I've chosen to hide sensitive content otherwise it will show the whole message and other notifications.
(P.S. sorry for the second blurred shot, it's hard to focus on shiny surfaces)

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Vamp

Hi, AOD on ROG phone 2 only shows clock and date for now and it's just really annoying to open device everytime to see notification... Is it possible that the new notifications screen (marked below)

screenshot-20200625-094033392-1.jpg

Can be converted to AOD as it's basically same as pixels AOD and provides us a lot of information when compared to ROG's and very minimalistic looking... And as it's already have been there, it's not really a big of a task to make it always on or fade away after some time and when we lift device popping up again or if we take device out of pockets.

It's just a suggestion but it's nice to see if it implements.

[Suggestion] New notifications screen (Image Attached) for AOD
That's ambient display (screen wake up for new notifications)
Always on display and ambient display are different features

Vamp
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/30992/suggestion-new-notifications-screen-image-attached-for-...

That's ambient display (screen wake up for new notifications)

Always on display and ambient display are different features

View post
Thanks for reminding me the name... You are correct but AOD should copy more things from the Ambient display... I know full copy js not possible as clock will be at the same place which will risk screen burning, but they should add the notification to the AOD...