This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

ronald1985
Community Legend I

psgbharathi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/70406#Comment_70406

@Anders_ASUS I am also facing the same issue.

phone is restarting only if I play games (pubg).

i did factory reset thrice. Nothing solved the issue.

kindly send me the tool?

View post
As per Gustav_ASUS comment, you should contact your local service centre.
Gustav_ASUS

PSA for people in this thread: Many cases so far point towards hardware related issues. If you're experiencing freeze/restart issues frequently, please get in touch with you local service center.

View post

wilo_panda
Star I
Hola yo presento el mismo el mismo inconveniente estoy en Whatsapp de pronto a cambio de aplicación a Facebook o a algún juego y se congela y se reinicia enseguida ya proble con la actualización de android 9 a 10 y sigue el mismo inconveniente se me reinicia al rededor de unas 10 veces al dia ya estoy desesperado no se que hacer.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
wilo_panda

Hola yo presento el mismo el mismo inconveniente estoy en Whatsapp de pronto a cambio de aplicación a Facebook o a algún juego y se congela y se reinicia enseguida ya proble con la actualización de android 9 a 10 y sigue el mismo inconveniente se me reinicia al rededor de unas 10 veces al dia ya estoy desesperado no se que hacer.

View post
Creo que tu unica opcion va a ser resetear a 0 el telefono (perderas todo, asique backupea tus documentos, contactos y fotos, las apps despues las descargas de la store). Cuando lo hayas reseteado y hecho el backup, empeza a descargar e instalar las apps.
Si haciendo esto, el telefono se te sigue reseteando, dudo seriamente que sea un tema de software y llevaria tu telefono a reparar.

adityathorat99
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91494#Comment_91494

• Do some deep cleaning of the hardware like USB ports, air vents, earphone/headphone jack
  • Do a factory reset
  • You can try going to Android 9 and see if that helps. In the past people were saying Android 9 performs better.

View post
I have reset my phone twice and also do deep clean.. but still the issue remains.. and downgrading the software should not be the solution. Just provide soltn with a stable update. Or check what is wrong and make it right. We didn't invest our money to ajdust these things.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
adityathorat99

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91519#Comment_91519

I have reset my phone twice and also do deep clean.. but still the issue remains.. and downgrading the software should not be the solution. Just provide soltn with a stable update. Or check what is wrong and make it right. We didn't invest our money to ajdust these things.

View post
Of course you shouldn't downgrade, totally understand that. But not everyone is having this issue, so i think the problem is to know what is causing it first before it can be fixed. (i.e. i don't get this issue, but that's not helping you)
Therefore as per @Gustav_ASUS post, it was indicated to take your phone to service centre. It's on page 5 of this post.