This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove | Disable FOTA app for 6z

Bhasky
Rising Star II
What is the package name for FOTA app , It's annoying to see popup asking for update on reboot, (Manual way of Force Stopping the app won't work, once device is restarted )
If at all update is required , it can still be done manually right ?
can anyone help
12 REPLIES 12

Bhasky
Rising Star II
_jis_

I am sorry, but these posts suggest that your configuration may not be completely standard and default:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89342#Comment_89342

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/89331#Comment_89331

View post
using ADB doesn't mean that I've rooted my phone or messed it up !
I just need to enable USB debugging via developer option and again it's NOT that I need to unlock OEM
So all these got nothing to do with what I said above, I've not even touched any system apps by the way
my config remains same, I had uninstalled few google apps that I won't use, apart from that I did nothing,

_jis_
Zen Master III
Sure, my point was just this:
When you said A -
Don't you have an unlocked bootloader, root, Magisk?
none ! I don't want to use such , I always love to enjoy what comes with mfg by default
Please don't forgot to say B -
I've removed all g apps, and others via adb
You should post their list too (see my screenshot), it could be important. Then you can get appropriate help from Asus mods with your problem which is not common and some change will probably cause it.

I think that removing apps is unnecessary, disabling or using Auto-start Manager should be enough.
I am using ADB too, but just use "adb shell pm grant" for various tools and I have disabled three Facebook apps and two Asus apps. I have automatic updates turned off too and this setting is persistent over reboot.
screenshot-20200624-100725127.png

Bhasky
Rising Star II
_jis_

Sure, my point was just this:

When you said A -

Don't you have an unlocked bootloader, root, Magisk?

none ! I don't want to use such , I always love to enjoy what comes with mfg by default

Please don't forgot to say B -

I've removed all g apps, and others via adb

You should post their list too (see my screenshot), it could be important. Then you can get appropriate help from Asus mods with your problem which is not common and some change will probably cause it.

I think that removing apps is unnecessary, disabling or using Auto-start Manager should be enough.

I am using ADB too, but just use "adb shell pm grant" for various tools and I have disabled three Facebook apps and two Asus apps. I have automatic updates turned off too and this setting is persistent over reboot.

screenshot-20200624-100725127.png

View post
cool i'll try your suggestion for further apps
and I do appreciate your patience for replying mate ! 👏