This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: Unlock to power off!

Melqui
Zen Master I
Please, add a option to request a password or fingerprint to power off the device, for security (gps locate - theft)!
8 REPLIES 8

Not applicable
Melqui

Please, add a option to request a password or fingerprint to power off the device, for security (gps locate - theft)!

Feature request: Unlock to power off!
Good one but way too risky. Androids are not ios and tend to get freeze due to software issues and sometimes glitches in software. For me and for few other users the phone froze and unable to respond to the power button, i had to hold power button for 15 seconds for it to reboot and get back to my phone. Androids are designed to turn off if we hold the power button for 15 seconds hence that feature will be useless because the thief can easily hold power button for 10-15 sec to turn it off. Its like a failsafe in every android to prevent it from getting stuck or frozen.

pjaswinpj
Star I
I like the idea. Would like to see this implemented.

kchinnavigneshr
Rising Star II
Yes. My couple of devices got stolen and turned off wiped and used. Basically Android Device Manager is useless without any protection before turning off. I know this is Android thing but, Asus can do something about this. Its more logical.

Not applicable
kchinnavigneshraja

Yes. My couple of devices got stolen and turned off wiped and used. Basically Android Device Manager is useless without any protection before turning off. I know this is Android thing but, Asus can do something about this. Its more logical.

View post
The 15 second power off system is a failsafe for all androids. By all i mean by all and from starting they have been using this method if in case the device gets stuck which is logical and i think thats how device are built and is no way to remove that fail safe. I am not sure but if it is possible to remove that failsafe then it is a good option.