This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal?

Not applicable
My battery percentage charged 3% as soon as i plugged in my charger. I observed it and i have a ss on my accu battery. Please tell me if i should be worried or not.
screenshot-20200622-180158655.jpg
As you can see the battery charged 3% in 0 min. It was 55% before and suddenly it jumped to 58%.
19 REPLIES 19

Not applicable
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91262#Comment_91262

The thing is Akash, you're timing your own device. If you're actually reading, it depends on factors and these factors I have already mentioned in my previous posts.

Just for you Akash, I am not even trying to annoy you. There is nothing to worry about about that 3% you're getting instantly?

It's my nature to respond to posts 😀

View post
I appreciate your reply on this and clearing things but your posts didn't help me figure the real thing out. I never saw any device charge this fast in the matter of milli seconds. Thats why i raise a post regarding this so i know how and why this happened. I was looking for a reply which stated the reason or estimate how this happens.This has Never happened before with my phone. You said its normal but you never gave proper explaination or estimate why it happened. Anyways moving on, battery is normal so far, so all good i guess.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91263#Comment_91263

I appreciate your reply on this and clearing things but your posts didn't help me figure the real thing out. I never saw any device charge this fast in the matter of milli seconds. Thats why i raise a post regarding this so i know how and why this happened. I was looking for a reply which stated the reason or estimate how this happens.This has Never happened before with my phone. You said its normal but you never gave proper explaination or estimate why it happened. Anyways moving on, battery is normal so far, so all good i guess.

View post
Totally unrelated post, but I want to say, nice one Akash and it's a good thing you're not getting the issue regularly.

pratiksonihbk
Star III
Ok bro...i did read ur first post.... And it's battery nature to charge fast to first 60-70% ... As u will see many fast charging techniques in first half hour they charge 50 60 percent and take 1 hour to full charge me.. And in my personal opinion pls don't get too obsessive about battery and charging... It varies by voltage too.. And battery backup also varies due to different apps running in different sessions.... After 90 percent battery chargers way too slow compared to initial 50 percent.. And for ur concern and satisfaction u can try battery calibration... Again many thinks it's useful and many people thinks it doesn't... So it depends on person to person...

ronald1985
Community Legend I
pratiksonihbk

Ok bro...i did read ur first post.... And it's battery nature to charge fast to first 60-70% ... As u will see many fast charging techniques in first half hour they charge 50 60 percent and take 1 hour to full charge me.. And in my personal opinion pls don't get too obsessive about battery and charging... It varies by voltage too.. And battery backup also varies due to different apps running in different sessions.... After 90 percent battery chargers way too slow compared to initial 50 percent.. And for ur concern and satisfaction u can try battery calibration... Again many thinks it's useful and many people thinks it doesn't... So it depends on person to person...

View post
I believe it is still the case, Battery Calibration requires Root.

Vamp
Zen Master I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/91227#Comment_91227

Okay? But this doesnt explain how my mobile charged 3% as soon as i plugged it in, does it?

View post
It might be because battery charges exponentially... The thing that might happened here in your case might be that your device just drop from 56% to 55% (maybe just a few seconds before you put your device to charging) and since the device charges way faster than discharging and given that you are using hypercharge, it just in a second or two jumped back to 56% and it's normal to charge 1% or 2% in just under a minute or so. If it's charged above say 85-90%, it will take more than a minute or two just to charge 1%...