kglc
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_X00ID
Firmware Version: WW_14.2016.1707.151_20170727
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
As you can see above, my phone is really really outdated. I never updated it since I bought it. Whenever the FOTA service started downloading updates, I always stopped it (Force Stop). But recently, even if I manually check updates, it does not download anything.
Questions:
1. Since my phone is not rooted, maybe the problem is in the FOTA? It says:
Storage: 64KB used in Internal Storage
Data usage: 850 KB used since Mar 16
Is there any way I can fix the FOTA service without resetting the phone?
2. Do I need to download and install all firmware version for WW up sequentially? If I download only the latest firmware version, would that include everything I missed since 2017?
5 REPLIES 5

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi kglc
Thank you for your asking. First of all, please tell me that do you intent to update to the latest version (WW-15.2016.1907.519)? Kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
1. The screenshot of your firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information>Build Number
2. The screenshot of your storage
Settings>Storage & memory
Please make sure that your storage could not be completely full.
3. The screenshot of your system update setting
Settings>System>System updates>tap 3 points at the top row>Auto-downloaded system update

For updating, please turn on auto update for same Android version update, and manual update for different Android version update. Please make sure to back up your data before updating.
#Manual Update Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748/
#ZC554KL Firmware Spot
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-4-Max-ZC554KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/

kglc
Star I
Hi Christine! Thanks for assisting me on this.
Yes, I want to upgrade my phone to the latest version (WW-15.2016.1907.519).
I attached the 3 screenshots
Clicking "Check Update" does not do anything. I think I messed up FOTA Service (I might have cleared its data/cache before).
So I guess I have no choice but to do manual update, is that right?
Do I need to download & install just the latest "WW" firmware OR all "WW" firmware between my current version and the latest version?

venajha320
Star I
Its great news for Zenfone 4 Max users. I just wanted to know that when this update coming to india?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi venajha320
For ZC554KL, Asus will continuously provide applicable updates to our products for 18 months from the device first become available on the market. For any devices launched over 18 months, there will no longer be any system updates and maintenance (including ZenUI Launcher).
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding and support.